How do I dump my RAM on the latest GW Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by AbenavxLucario, May 7, 2015.

1. AbenavxLucario
    OP

AbenavxLucario Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2014
    Yolo, California
    hey everyone :)

so i was trying to edit the save data with savedatafiler for fire emblem and i got the six files but i couldn't make much of it in hexedit. apparently the workaround is dumping my nvram or something like that and getting a 128 mb file but people just use the web browser exploit for that and bc im on the latest 9.x firmware i can't do that anymore.

there's probably an obvious answer but i couldn't find it. im also willing to reinstall gateway and cia upgrade to 9.0.2 or something but just in case there's something for if you went past 9.6 and stuff. please tell me what to do to dump my ram if i go back to 9.0.2 on emunand as well for fire emblem as well e.e
    .. i can only assume there's a ram dumper for gateway's emunand without the web browser exploit, anyways

thank you gbatemp! you guys are the best

2. AbenavxLucario
    OP

AbenavxLucario Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2014
    Yolo, California
    bump??

3. JustPingo

JustPingo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    France
    Downgrade your browser in emuNAND using browsertimewarp.cia or more simply 3DNUS.

AbenavxLucario likes this.
  4. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    So I dumped my ram from my animal crossing new leaf game using gateway, how do I reinject it back into my .3ds game?

5. JustPingo

JustPingo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    France
    You're not injecting RAM into a game. The RAM isn't something fixed to the game, it is what is stored in the console while the game is running, and that eventually gets cleaned out when the game ends for example.
    I believe you misunderstood what you are doing. Try to follow the guides you can find on the official Gateway website (in the news if I remember correctly).