Hardware how do i downgrade a 2DS from 9.4.0-21U to 8.x.x-xxU without a 3DS flashcard?

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firstly and for mostly, i would like to emphasis that i have a 2DS, not a 3DS, the firmware are slightly different, but makes a great deal
also, i'm not really sure if i post this at 3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware or 3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities but here it is, Kupo:moogle:
Let's get to what matters: like the title says: i need to downgrade a 2DS from 9.4.0-21U to 8.x.x-xxU without a 3DS flashcard, i don't own any 3DS flash cart so i don't have a NAND backup (whatever that is), but i do have two DS flashcards, so i would like an OFW Update that i can use, am i helpless? or will i have to wait two more months, Kupo:moogle: ? Thanks, Peace

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
okay... that should i search for, Kupo:moogle:?

What he means, sell the 9.4 2DS and buy another 9.2 or lower 2DS

9.4 can't be downgraded unless you have a backup of a 9.2 or lower NAND of that 2DS.
You are screwed once you are on 9.4 for now, lets put it that way :)

Reactions: thaikhoa

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why don't say "replacement" in the first place? and can't i just wait two months for another update in CFW? i mean they come up to 9.2.0-20x right until now, they could come to my OFW by that time, and really, GW3DS was the only one that worked, and only at 4.1.x-xxU/E to 4.5.x-xxU/E, and look at it now! why do you guys are so negative and pessimistic?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
why don't say "replacement" in the first place? and can't i just wait two months for another update in CFW? i mean they come up to 9.2.0-20x right until now, they could come to my OFW by that time, and really, GW3DS was the only one that worked, and only at 4.1.x-xxU/E to 4.5.x-xxU/E, and look at it now! why do you guys are so negative and pessimistic?

Yeah, the update to support 9.4 systems will come SOON :lol:

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah, the update to support 9.4 systems will come SOON :lol:

Lol, stop yankin him :P

wyll001
Well, you see it took Gateway a pretty long time to find an exploit in 9.2, which apparently has been patched by Nintendo in 9.3 and 9.4. This is why Gateway clearly asked their customers to stay below 9.2. God knows when they'll find an exploit in 9.4. This is why people were asking you to either use the "ebay tool" :P to downgrade or else you're screwed.

Your only option right now is to either trade it/sell and buy new with a 3DS that has 9.2 or lower OR use Sky3DS :)

Reactions: KJ1

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wow! there a lot of moppy people here, LOL.

They're not being 'moppy', they're just trying to help and being realistic.
Gateway is known for taking a long time with their promises, granted, so far they've delivered what they promised, but it always takes time.

I personally bet in a six month waiting period. Maybe by summer they'll have a fix for the current firmware, who knows.

If you don't feel like waiting however, you can always do as they recommended and get a new system to replace your current one. That, or simply get a Sky3DS instead (I'm against piracy, so I don't own any of them nor do I favour one over the other, and as such, this is an impartial advice).

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
stop telling me to get a new already! look if six months is the required time to wait, then six months i'll wait, now, please close this thread, Kupo:moogle:.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
stop telling me to get a new already! look if six months is the required time to wait, then six months i'll wait, now, please close this thread, Kupo:moogle:.

If I remember correctly, it took them TWO YEARS to come up with the 9.2 exploit.

Anyways, we were just trying to help. Best of luck :)

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
used 3ds/2ds are selling very cheap since the release of new3ds, I'd just purchase another 3ds and use your current one as the 3ds you use with retail carts. I currently have 3 3ds as backup.

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
used 3ds/2ds are selling very cheap since the release of new3ds, I'd just purchase another 3ds and use your current one as the 3ds you use with retail carts. I currently have 3 3ds as backup.
nope it is NOT cheap at all, i want a way to downgrade it, so the next one that tell me to buy/trade it will be reported by SPAM with no forgiving:gun::ohnoes: :whip:

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys he lives in Brazil, there is a 120% min tax on all video game related sales and products. my suggestion is to save up for a sky3ds and just play games on that, it works on 9.5 right now and will probably support future firmwares.

Reactions: Zerousen

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There might not be another hack for firmwares higher than 9.2.0. Look at the PS3, firmware 3.55 was the last hackable firmware, another exploit was never found and that was years ago.

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There might not be another hack for firmwares higher than 9.2.0. Look at the PS3, firmware 3.55 was the last hackable firmware, another exploit was never found and that was years ago.
so i might as well start buying from eShop?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i might as well start buying from eShop?
It's your call, I cannot answer what's best for you. If it were me though, and I really wanted 9.2.0 firmware, then finding an alternative would be in my best interest. Can't you trade your handheld to somebody that has one with a lower firmware since selling and buying a new one is out of the question.

I don't buy from the eShop, I'd much rather have a physical copy. You can't sell or trade a digital copy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus