Hacking Question How do I create Emunand on SD card using SX OS and update the system?

DNStuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I want to create an Emunand partition on my SD card using SX OS and I also want to update that Emunand partition. There are no guides out there and I am afraid of doing something WRONG. So I will write a step by step guide how I THINK the process works and you tell me what I forgot.

1. I will create a NAND Backup using the built in feature SX OS offers or should I do the NAND back up differently with different software?

2. I will go into the options of SX OS and say create Eumand on SD

3. I don't know what the options look like SX OS offers then but I assume I just select something like "use 30 GB of space for the Emunand" and it will create it

4. I have no idea about the Emutendo folder and what I need to do with it or if it even matters

5. I boot to the SX OS menu and I click on the new button that says something like Emunand

6. I run ChoiDujourNX and I select something like Update ex_FAT (because my SD card is already formatted to ex fat) and I select my NX-6.0.0-5.0 folder or I extract that folder and create a folder called Switch on the SD card and put the files in there- I don't really exactly know myself

7. the system will reboot after the installation. I will need to turn it off again and then once again boot into Emunand and I am good to go
Now after typing this I realize that there is a lot of knowledge I am lacking and that this guide is really bad so please tell me if anything could go wrong. I have heard you also need to copy around the Boot files otherwise you get a black screen and what not.

So any proper guide on how to set up SD Emunand would be very welcome and no I do not want to beta and bug test SX OS 3.0 once it comes out the next days. Should I better get NX-6.0.1-1.0 or even NX-6.1.0-4.0???

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Agusto101

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
So I want to create an Emunand partition on my SD card using SX OS and I also want to update that Emunand partition. There are no guides out there and I am afraid of doing something WRONG. So I will write a step by step guide how I THINK the process works and you tell me what I forgot.

1. I will create a NAND Backup using the built in feature SX OS offers or should I do the NAND back up differently with different software?

2. I will go into the options of SX OS and say create Eumand on SD

3. I don't know what the options look like SX OS offers then but I assume I just select something like "use 30 GB of space for the Emunand" and it will create it

4. I have no idea about the Emutendo folder and what I need to do with it or if it even matters

5. I boot to the SX OS menu and I click on the new button that says something like Emunand

6. I run ChoiDujourNX and I select something like Update ex_FAT (because my SD card is already formatted to ex fat) and I select my NX-6.0.0-5.0 folder or I extract that folder and create a folder called Switch on the SD card and put the files in there- I don't really exactly know myself

7. the system will reboot after the installation. I will need to turn it off again and then once again boot into Emunand and I am good to go
Now after typing this I realize that there is a lot of knowledge I am lacking and that this guide is really bad so please tell me if anything could go wrong. I have heard you also need to copy around the Boot files otherwise you get a black screen and what not.

So any proper guide on how to set up SD Emunand would be very welcome and no I do not want to beta and bug test SX OS 3.0 once it comes out the next days. Should I better get NX-6.0.1-1.0 or even NX-6.1.0-4.0???
Just wait sx os updates to 3.0 only a few days left.

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already updated sx os , told you, only update and the emunand i really dont see the point there.

is emunand bad or something ? i’m literally trying to set mine up to. been looking all day, i already backed my nand. i’m just confused on the best way to stay clean with sx. i haven’t done any cfw stuff yet but have booted into cfw.

Reactions: Agusto101

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
is emunand bad or something ? i’m literally trying to set mine up to. been looking all day, i already backed my nand. i’m just confused on the best way to stay clean with sx. i haven’t done any cfw stuff yet but have booted into cfw.
Youre not safe use sx os normally doesnt matter dude.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh i see. so it’s best i boot into cfw to use hekate and backup my nand that way, and then start using my cfw stuff?
Hekate is not a CFW, it is a bootloader. Its similar to SX Loader but with a lot more features. But yes, you boot into Hekate and dump the NAND there. Then you continue using CFW like normal.

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is not a CFW, it is a bootloader. Its similar to SX Loader but with a lot more features. But yes, you boot into Hekate and dump the NAND there. Then you continue using CFW like normal.

thanks for the information. i backed up my full nand with hekate this morning. after i get off of work, i’ll create an emunand and proceed from there. thanks again

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over