How do I copy Wii backups?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sdoc96, Feb 23, 2007.

Feb 23, 2007

How do I copy Wii backups? by sdoc96 at 3:19 PM (3,350 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. sdoc96
    OP

Member sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Australia
    Like the title says, I have a pile of borrowed 'backups' here which I want to copy.
    I have the LG8164 and can successfully copy original Wii discs, but cannot subsequently copy the burned copy, if you know what I mean.
    I've tried a bunch of software (DiscJuggler, Nero, Alcohol), from the LG8164 or my BenQ1640.
    I've also tried Rawdump 2.0 but it freaks out with the backups.

Before anyone says 'get the iso's from your friend', I know I can do that (but for other reasons could not conveniently do that until next week) but I know I've tried this before with my own backups (which run on the Wii perfectly) unsuccessfully.

I'm sure I saw a thread somewhere a week or so back (maybe not gbatemp) about this, but can't find it anywhere.
    So, has anyone done it? If so, how? Any assistance greatly appreciated.

2. kdanarch

Newcomer kdanarch Advanced Member

United States
    I've used IMGBurn to copy Wii/Gamecube backups.

Just set it into read made, dump the disc to an ISO (with the add to burn queue option checked), and then switch it back to write mode, and it should be ready to go.

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You don't need to do anything special with disks that are already copies. You can't see the file contents, but your computer will recognize that a disk is in the drive. Just copy it like you would any data DVD or something. No special software (other than whatever you use to burn) is required.

If you have a DVD reader and a DVD burner you can probably copy them "on the fly".

4. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    With Nero you can just use the "Extras", "Save Tracks (F9)", and save it as an ISO. That's the easiest way for me anyways with Wii or GC backups.

5. sdoc96
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    It turns out that I seem to be very unlucky with the particular 3 'backups' I have been trying to copy, as they each must have had their own disc errors.
    Of course, just to make me look silly, the fourth backup I tried, after reading the replies here, copied without issue very easily using virtually any method.

Sorry to trouble everyone - you were all correct [​IMG] & I feel like a goose. [​IMG]

6. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I cannot find a Read Mode in ImgBurn, only Build, Write, Verify and Discovery. Where's read mode?

sdoc96, which software did you use?

7. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Try pressing ctrl + alt + r.

And get the latest version if you haven't already.

8. sdoc96
    OP

Australia
    I ended up using Lazycus's method - ie. Nero Track method. (Nero 6.6.0.8)

9. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    After installing the latest version there is indeed a read mode [​IMG] Thanks [​IMG]

So ImgBurn completely replaces DVD Decryptor, right? Or are there differences?