Hacking how do i convert card 1 save to card 2?

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i can't really find it on google ,maybe i am missing some keyword,could someone enlighten me please?
is there a tool for it ,if so can u give me the name of the tool ?thx in advance

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand, card1 saves are for card1 games. How would you get a card1 save of a different game to work with a card2 game?
If you want a card2 save, then you must be looking for the save for that game, which is a card2 save that belongs to that game. Not a card1 save.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong or confused on this matter.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't understand, card1 saves are for card1 games. How would you get a card1 save of a different game to work with a card2 game?
If you want a card2 save, then you must be looking for the save for that game, which is a card2 save that belongs to that game. Not a card1 save.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong or confused on this matter.

you can convert a card1 game to card2, and the other way around maybe.
so, they want to convert their save to use with the converted rom too :)

is this to make card1 games -> card2?
or card1 save -> card2 save?

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can convert a card1 game to card2, and the other way around maybe.
so, they want to convert their save to use with the converted rom too :)

is this to make card1 games -> card2?
or card1 save -> card2 save?

I never heard of this, are there benefits to converting card1 to card2?
I'd guess that the saves would go in the rom. So then all your saves would be on the micro SD along with the roms (Inside them).
But I personally like having my saves on the SD card, where I can back them up to dropbox or share them on game save sites like 3ds-savegames.
Sorry I just had no idea this was possible.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theoretically, you might be able to do this using liomajor's .3ds/.3dz to eshop save tutorial...

You would need to use the tool linked above to make a copy of your rom as a card 2 type first, then put it on your gateway.
Then try this, maybe it will work:

1. Backup card 1 rom save as an eshop/decrypted format by following liomajor's .3ds/.3dz to eshop save tutorial
2. backup the save on your pc somewhere
3. Play the card 2 version of the rom then make a save.
4. Then while the card 2 rom is mounted, backup the save using savedatafiler by selecting CTR CARD
5. Replace everything in the card 2 save folder with everything in the card 1 save folder that you made in step 1.
6. Mount the card 2 rom again
7. Go back to savedatafiler and go to the SD tab and import your save again
8. Play the game and see if it works :blink:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
He didn't quite explain his intentions though.
Why would he want to do such conversion? There's no game released in both formats.

some people want to have their games as card2 type, so the saves as stored on the gw micro sd card.
it would be nice to simply move the gw card and have your saves on any 3ds.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
some advantages of having games converted to card 2
A) if your gateway card suffers from SPI fails you can still use the games without having to install them as cia files
B) you can quickly and easily extract saves with SDF which is handy for people wanting to save edits
C) if you use your gateway card on multiple systems all your saves go with you without having to manually copy and paste save back and forth between consoles

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thank you.

because i have read somewhere that card2 save able to edit hax and able to use savedatafiler to import/export saves.
You need SaveDataFiler to do the conversion in the first place :P card2 is no longer needed for that now but does make it a somewhat quicker process.
Theoretically, you might be able to do this using liomajor's .3ds/.3dz to eshop save tutorial...

You would need to use the tool linked above to make a copy of your rom as a card 2 type first, then put it on your gateway.
Then try this, maybe it will work:

1. Backup card 1 rom save as an eshop/decrypted format by following liomajor's .3ds/.3dz to eshop save tutorial
2. backup the save on your pc somewhere
3. Play the card 2 version of the rom then make a save.
4. Then while the card 2 rom is mounted, backup the save using savedatafiler by selecting CTR CARD
5. Replace everything in the card 2 save folder with everything in the card 1 save folder that you made in step 1.
6. Mount the card 2 rom again
7. Go back to savedatafiler and go to the SD tab and import your save again
8. Play the game and see if it works :blink:
You can actually skip most of those steps, once you have the card1 save backed up you can import it straight into the card2 version (after mounting it from the game selector ,of course)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is it possible to convert Card2 games to Card1?
not really, it is technically possible, but all legit titles released as card2 have a reason for being card2, and that is that the games save is larger than 512kb, which is the maximum size for a card1 games save

but some eshop dumps that where repacked from eshop to .3ds where released as card2 but could be converted to card1 and still save as they only had a 512kb or smaller save

but generally speaking proper card2 games will only work as card2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: