How do I convert an action replay.duc save to .sav

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by SonikDude, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SonikDude
    OP

SonikDude Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2007
    United States
    For anyone who played Ouendan 2, they probably now that there is now a way to get an EBA mode where you play as the elite beat agents. The shitty thing is, nobody on gamefaqs, where I get most game saves, apparently owns an ez-flash 5. In the game saves section, there is a perfect game with EBA mode .duc save. Someone else on the forums also put on G6 and R4 saves. I want to convert them but I have no clue why they won't work. I've converted all 3 types and trimmed it down to match the 256kb size of the save needed but every time I go into the game, it's fully beaten, but there's no eba mode, and my replays were deleted. I have no clue. Can someone tell me how to convert one of these or give a ez flash 5 save for the mode?

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
  3. SonikDude
    OP

SonikDude Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2007
    United States
    What exactly in the forum am I supposed to be looking at? I already said I converted them. I used this converter and it still screwed up.

4. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Sorry, I didn't have time to read your whole post earlier, so I just posted that link as an answer to the question in the title.

Anyway, I downloaded the save from gamefaqs (here) that says it has the EBA skin, converted it to an R4 save (I don't have an EZ-V), and it worked. There was a badge icon on the right side of the difficulty selection screen, I selected it and started a game, and I was playing as the EBAs.

If the save you converted isn't working, try converting it to the EZ-4 format. Someone said that worked for them (the EZ-V supposedly supports EZ-4 saves directly). I'm not sure what format of save the EZ carts use, but if you need a raw 256KB file you can convert it to a G6 Lite save.

As for your replays, they're in the save you replaced with the one you downloaded. There should be a bunch of replays in the downloaded save file though.

5. gigermunit

gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2007
    United States
    Orlando
  6. roflmywaffle

roflmywaffle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2007
    United States
  7. SonikDude
    OP

SonikDude Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2007
    United States
    I tried the save that roflmywaffle just gave me, and nothing changed. I had the same exact file. It's weird. I deleted the .sav and the file both out of the SAVE folder. But even after I turned on the ez-flash without and Ouendan 2 sav or file, it automatically put in a file with the name of the rom except at the end, it says, Ouensav. Someone please help. [​IMG]

8. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Start a different game before you try putting the new save on the card. That should clear the Ouendan data out of the save chip.

9. SonikDude
    OP

SonikDude Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2007
    United States
    OMFG! I have no clue why the hell it's like this, but I renamed the save to Ouensav and that was after I played another game AND IT WORKED! YAY! I don't care if it's weird. I got it. THANKS!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice