Homebrew How do I convert 3DNES.3DS to CIA?

ChrisCross

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys,
I really need your help, I´m very desperate.
I´d like to compile a .3dsx-app also as a .cia with a 3D banner (I followed that guide: tutorial-creating-3d-banners-from-3d-models-for-cias) but everything i tried to include into the makefile didn´t work.
I generated the files and could finally export the .cgfx file but from then on, I had no idea how to tell the makerom.exe, what to do.

Code:
../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn    :    $(APP_ICON)
    tools/bannertool.exe makesmdh -i "$(APP_ICON)" -o "[email protected]" -s "$(APP_TITLE)" -l "$(APP_TITLE)" -p "$(APP_AUTHOR)" $(ICON_FLAGS)

../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr    :    ../banner.cgfx
    tools/bannertool.exe makebanner -i "$<" -ca ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.cwav -o "[email protected]"

$(OUTPUT).cia    :    $(OUTPUT).elf  $(_3DSXDEPS)
    #tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "[email protected]" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf /hblauncher_loader.rsf -icon /hblauncher_loader.icn -banner /hblauncher_loader.bnr -exefslogo -ver 1072
    tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "[email protected]" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -icon icon.png -banner banner.cgfx -exefslogo -ver 1072
    @echo "built ... hblauncher_loader.cia"

Ryccardo

watching Thames TV from London
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "[email protected]" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -icon icon.png -banner banner.cgfx -exefslogo -ver 1072
Looks like you're missing the rsf file which sets all the metadata (titleid, product code, permissions, ...) - get one from the source of another homebrew that builds as cia and edit as appropriate, then of course add it to the command line like in the example in the line above!
(if you find the format of rsf files stupid, it is - but it was invented by nintendo, it's what the official makerom32 uses, and the open source makerom wants to be 100% compatible)

ChrisCross

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like you're missing the rsf file which sets all the metadata (titleid, product code, permissions, ...) - get one from the source of another homebrew that builds as cia and edit as appropriate, then of course add it to the command line like in the example in the line above!
(if you find the format of rsf files stupid, it is - but it was invented by nintendo, it's what the official makerom32 uses, and the open source makerom wants to be 100% compatible)

Hey, thanks for answering.
Well... I don´t know, what´s wrong, but maybe I forgot to change something (https://pastebin.pl/view/2663e622)
The cia_workaround.rsf-File is in the same directory
Otherwise the command has a mistake:
Code:
tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "[email protected]" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf cia_workaround.rsf -icon icon.png -banner banner.cgfx -exefslogo -ver 1072

Last edited by ChrisCross,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Skelletonike @ Skelletonike:
    One of my favourite from Adam Sandler is Spanglish
    Gift
    it's not over the top comedy, but he seemed pretty genuine in that one imho
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    We watched that in school
    Gift
    It was probably because the teacher liked it, there weren't any lessons there relevant for my culture
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    Adam Sandler just always feels exactly the same in his movies
    Gift
    In Punch-Drunk Love he has social anxiety, totally quiet person, very clumsy, with bursts of violent rage
    Gift
    But other than that, I think I've always seen the same character style in his movies
    Gift
    I think it's just him in general funny people proved a good point
    Gift
    He was way more serious in spanglish though
    Gift
    less... juvenile I guess
    Gift
    Love how this eBay seller is still asking for 5 stars when they never shipped an item out
    Gift
    I'd tell him he gets either 1 star or none
    Gift
    Next response will be I'll give you 5 if you ship it for free
    Gift
    So he has the item?
    Gift
    It's a so called company with a 6,000+ rating probably dropshipping
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Gift
    PlayStation Access says Street Fighter 6 is perfect for noobs
    Gift
  • Gift
  • NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese:
    if it doesnt have rollback netcode it can be safely ignored
    Gift
    I don't know what that is; I played Tekken and Virtua Fighter
    Gift
    with rollback you have no input lag on your end, it feels identical to playing offline. if your opponent countered your move before you saw it happen on your end it "rolls back" to that state. eg. lets say you do a jump-in roundhouse you might see them get hit for a split second but then you get dp'd out of the hitting animation cause your opponent actually anti-aired you in that split second you just didn't see it until slightly later when the packets arrived. imo its way better than playing with input latency
    Gift
    Let's see how it is
    Gift
    its not a new technology
    Gift
    heaps of online shooting games use it, thats why people complain about getting shot a split second after taking cover
    Gift
    NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese: heaps of online shooting games use it, thats why people complain about getting shot a split...