Gaming How do i connect my 360 to a 802.11n wireless router

dj1table

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard there are ways to connect the 360 to a 802.11n wireless router but i can not find any info out. Can anybody put there 2 cents in. thanks alot

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I've never heard of connecting using wireless n before. I know g works just fine, but if you want n, search around google for a bit, you'll probably find it

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Normally, wireless routers that are "N" are backwards compatible with G,B (sometimes A). Of course, the speed won't be "N".

You may have to jump into your router's wireless connection settings and turn it on. Look for something that says "N only" and change it to "B, G, and N". Wordings will differ.

dj1table

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i got all of that. there is a way for the xbox to communicate on a n connection. it's something to do with xbox drivers or settings? just not sure what

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get a wireless access point that connects with a LAN cable set it up using the pc to access your wireless router as an access point...... then just disconnect from the pc and connect it to the XBOX/360 now your wireless router will feed your newly set up access point an internet connection
smile.gif

you just need to set the network settings up on the xbox/360 to AUTO /detect the network settings and IP settings
smile.gif

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Xbox 360 wireless adapter is only a/b/g compatible, the hardware itself cannot use 802.11n. You'll have to settle for g if you're using the official wireless adapter. If you really want n, use a wireless bridge, as suggested by kobykaan

dj1table

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will give it a shot. thanks for the advice guys. but if anybody hears about a soft mod regarding changing the 360 and accepting n it would be greatly appreciated

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dj1table said:
i will give it a shot. thanks for the advice guys. but if anybody hears about a soft mod regarding changing the 360 and accepting n it would be greatly appreciated

It's a hardware limitation, not a software limitation. I don't believe this will ever be possible.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
+1 linksys gaming adapter. I've had it for a few months and it works great. Got it cheap off ebay too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended