1. Metalchilla

OP Metalchilla Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    my switch falls in the maybe range of the patched switches, how do i make sure w/o buying anything?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    What is the serial number? Comparing it to the spreadsheet might give you a better indication of whether or not it's patched.

The only way to know for sure though is to test it using a jig. A paperclip works just fine, so you might not need to buy anything if you already have a USB-C cable.

3. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    do you have a USB C cable? u can turn a paper clip into a jig if need be

plug into the pc and load payload with this
    https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases

Lacius likes this.
  4. Metalchilla

OP Metalchilla Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    isnt that unsafe though?

5. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Maybe it'll ruin the pins if you use it as a constant method/incorrectly, but to test it once it should be completely fine.

pcwizard7 and Lacius like this.
  6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It's relatively safe, particularly if you're only using it once or twice to check your vulnerability status and/or install AutoRCM. You're unlikely to cause any physical damage, particularly if you're not applying force to the paperclip.

I've used the paperclip method many times on various systems, and I've never had any problem. However, I almost always install AutoRCM soon after using the paperclip the first time and never use it again.

7. mures

mures Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    can somoen help me out i have nintendo switch my firmware is 9.1.0 and me serial is XKJ40012015616 can i hack me switch on the website snn checker it says warning

8. thewannacryguy

thewannacryguy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, North
    He can just use a piece of folded aluminum foil taped to the right JoyCon.

LeMageFro likes this.
  9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    XKJ are 100% patched.

mures likes this.
  10. mures

mures Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    i was use the program and no working it freez can u help me please wana hack me switch do i need an micro sd card to exploit the bin files to system

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i have already instaled apx me joy con has patched with foil i just did that but the deploy program freez what i need to do do i nee duse pc or me phone android

and were is an website to check the xkj4 serial

i have use this TegraRcmGUI an it freez cant make nand backup nothing apx already instaled

11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

First post explain it, for now there is no available exploit working for newer motherboard.

12. mures

mures Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    do i need this dongle
    Xecuter SX Pro

thanks so i have to need to wait to new exploit so my nintendo switch wil be also hacked with working exploit that i can use
    TegraRcmGUI voor me switch when the exploit is out voor switch with serial XKJ40012015616 on firmware 9.1.0

13. sillz

sillz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    this thread...https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

and correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i know, there is no way of getting into RCM mode without the use of some type of "Jig / Paperclip method"

But it looks like you have the new Mariko patched switch - you will have to wait for the exploit to arrive which is rumored to be very soon :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  14. mures

mures Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    i already hacked the joy con me device switch can in rcm mode when i inport an bin file it wil freez i test new TegraRcmGUI nothing works

when switch with serial XKJ40012015616 firmware 9.1.0has be patched wil it al so avaible on the website is my switch patched

15. sillz

sillz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Im sure all the sites will update, the one to keep an eye on is the Team-Xecuter site as they are the ones working on the mod chip for the new patched Mariko units.

https://team-xecuter.com/community/...-coming-soon-for-latest-switch-models.132671/

16. rmorris003

rmorris003 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Start your own thread and do not hijack others, also do some reading as lots of info is already posted and you will become smarter and not have to rely on waiting hours for answers that are posted.

17. MichaelShawJr

MichaelShawJr Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    For now, just relax. You probably modded your joycon for nothing because Mariko units will require a hard mod (modchip) that needs to be soldered in. These switches are going to be completely different than current switches.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - definitely, patched, without