Hacking How do I change the order of games on G6Lite?

seanms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to change the order of games on G6Lite?

The best thing I can find is FatSort...but it's kinda useless since the best it can do is random sort, or alphabetical...I think.

I figured if I formatted the G6 and re-added the games in the order I wanted that would work...but unfortunately the U-Disk manager still likes to throw the game in a random spot...for me at least
frown.gif

seanms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I googled for a while and nothing...a bunch of sorting programs for MP3 files...but nothing for G6 files.

If no one know of a program...I guess I'll just rename my game files A B C D... and use FatSort to sort them alphabetically
frown.gif

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not name your roms with a 2 digit number before the name. Just name them in the numerical order you want them to show up on the screen and then use FatSort.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Fatsort is believed to cause corruption errors, so ask around before you try it.

Source?

Source = this forum
Lots of speculation after the G6L's initial corruption problems. Do a search in this forum for corruption, you'll find plenty of speculation including people blaming fatsort. Mine corrupted just fine without me ever touching fatsort though, so I'm not entirely convinced. I think WishCow is just throwing you a friendly "warn", just in case you start noticing problems.

Sorry, I've no solution for your sorting issue aside from fatsort. I just let 'em flop in there and use the shoulder buttons to get to 'em quick. For me the newly added stuff always tags onto the end of the list.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh I just add my roms one at a time, starting with games that start with an A. Also you can select all your games at once and lastly click on the first game you want to appear. This will then load all your roms at once and there is a 50/50 chance it will be in alphabetical order.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Source = this forum
Lots of speculation after the G6L's initial corruption problems. Do a search in this forum for corruption, you'll find plenty of speculation including people blaming fatsort. Mine corrupted just fine without me ever touching fatsort though, so I'm not entirely convinced. I think WishCow is just throwing you a friendly "warn", just in case you start noticing problems.

This coming from the time that everyone was blaming everything for corruption. Personally, I use FATsort every time nor do I use eject hardware (safe remove). Is this enough to debunk the theory? No, but it's reasonable counter-evidence.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Source = this forum
Lots of speculation after the G6L's initial corruption problems. Do a search in this forum for corruption, you'll find plenty of speculation including people blaming fatsort. Mine corrupted just fine without me ever touching fatsort though, so I'm not entirely convinced. I think WishCow is just throwing you a friendly "warn", just in case you start noticing problems.

This coming from the time that everyone was blaming everything for corruption. Personally, I use FATsort every time nor do I use eject hardware (safe remove). Is this enough to debunk the theory? No, but it's reasonable counter-evidence.

Right. Im using Fatsort too, never safely removed my hardware, didnt even think about unplugging the usb plug first before i read about it here, and never run into any problems.

mars

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
like HC, I either add the images one at a time (in alphabetical order) or when moving multiple images onto the G6 at the same time, select the images (using ctrl-click) starting with the last title and working backwards, adding them one at a time. once all of the images that I want to move are selected, I click "OK" from the pop-up file browser window.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use FATSort since it's NT only and I have 98, but I use a similar program (by the same author) called NexSort and have had no problems. I think the topic on this forum that discussed whether FATSort could cause corruption consisted of one person saying he thought it might followed by about 20 people saying that they used FATSort all the time and had no problems.

Why not name your roms with a 2 digit number before the name. Just name them in the numerical order you want them to show up on the screen and then use FatSort.
This works of course, but don't try to rename the files to remove the numbers after using FATSort because each successive file you rename will be listed in the place of the previous file you renamed which can get incredibly confusing. I finally managed to get the folders in my root directory (most of which have to have specific names with no numbers at the beginning) in the order I wanted them, but it took me a long time and a lot of hard thinking to do it.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi