Hacking How do i change my cIOS ?

rossco1106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have cIOS rev10 and use the backup launcher. I am wanting to change my loader to NeoGamma and change my cIOS rev10 to cIOS rev13.
Could somebody please tell me how to do this, and wether or not i have to delete my cIOS rev10 and backup launcher first?

leeagt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just install CIOs rev13 mate. no need to unistall / backup anything. Just make sure you do the network install and make sure you have preloader / Bootmii (As boot2) just incase

rossco1106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do i have to be connected to the internet to do a network install?

don't understand what you mean about the Bootmii?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
for a network install yes you do but if you have the wad file the readme asks for in the cios you want to install then putt it in the root of the sd card and select wad install when you run it from HBC

boomii is a protection system to help revent bricks

rossco1106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry if am asking so many questions.

do i just put Bootmii on the root of my SD card and also where do i find the wad for cIOS rev13?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
bootmii is installed when you hack your wii using hackmii installer to put HBC on and we cant give out .wads sorry youll have to google for it or extract it from a game iso using wiiscrubber

if u have the installer for cios 13 read the readme that came with it it tell u what version .wad ios38 you need

rossco1106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have sorted the cIOS problem i just googled IOS38-64-v3610.wad which it asked for in the read me file.

back to the bootmii part, i hacked my Wii to play games by using Wii Backup Launcher channel. would this mean bootmii is already on the Wii?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rossco1106 said:
ok i have sorted the cIOS problem i just googled IOS38-64-v3610.wad which it asked for in the read me file.

back to the bootmii part, i hacked my Wii to play games by using Wii Backup Launcher channel. would this mean bootmii is already on the Wii?
Probably not, unless you followed a guide that said to do it. You can get BootMii from BootMii.org. It is recommended that everyone installs it because if you brick your Wii, you may be able to fix it with BootMii. Read around on that website before you install it so you understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended