Hacking How do I change in-game language of games

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a Japanese Wii U. I have installed CFW and some of the games I have installed are in Japanese...they were EU files...how do I change the text to English?

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I have tried that... so I'm thinking of trying Regionhax. Is it ok if I install the same games one in English and one in Japanese? Like Japanese SML 3D and US SML 3D?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I have tried that... so I'm thinking of trying Regionhax. Is it ok if I install the same games one in English and one in Japanese? Like Japanese SML 3D and US SML 3D?
Yes you can install the same game from different regions but region hax is now pointless just use a cfw like mocha or haxchi for region free gaming

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can install the same game from different regions but region hax is now pointless just use a cfw like mocha or haxchi for region free gaming
I did that....however I still have games that are only in Japanese and a few that won't load at all.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did that....however I still have games that are only in Japanese and a few that won't load at all.
You need to run mocha then load a program called spiik. Doing region free hax you will still have the same problems with the games that don't work and either way you will need to run spiik

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to run mocha then load a program called spiik. Doing region free hax you will still have the same problems with the games that don't work and either way you will need to run spiik
Ah I already use spiik....oh well no choice guess I will just wait then!:mellow:

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What games don't work as their is another fix we can try bit it only works on certain games.
Pikmin 3 text remains in Japanese and Super Mario 3D World and Paper Mario Color Splash refuse to boot up. They freeze the screen whether it's in JP, EUR, or USA settings in spiik.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pikmin 3 text remains in Japanese and Super Mario 3D World and Paper Mario Color Splash refuse to boot up. They freeze the screen whether it's in JP, EUR, or USA settings in spiik.
Ok for color splash you need to modify the rpx file for it to load out of region there where several threads on how to do this back when the game came out for the other two you need to modify the language files in the game again there should be guides somewhere on the site if not I can help you to do it tomorrow some time.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok for color splash you need to modify the rpx file for it to load out of region there where several threads on how to do this back when the game came out for the other two you need to modify the language files in the game again there should be guides somewhere on the site if not I can help you to do it tomorrow some time.
Ok I will go check. Thank you for offering to help! I found some stuff about Paper Mario but nothing about Pikmin 3 or Super Mario 3D World.

Last edited by smile72,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c