ROM Hack how do i change a moon.cia to moon.cci with makerom?

Portal2player56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do not have a reinand or any of that fancy bits (except homebrew) but i am trying to turn my moon.cia file into a moon.cci file for Citri Edge emulator so i can atleast play Moon till it comes out on the 18th. i am using a app called makerom that can do this but sadly it needs a very very very specific prompt command in the "run" application to be made to have it turn the cia to cci. does anyone know this path? all i know is it needs "-ciatocci moon.cia" in the path but the specifics are unknown to me.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply extract it with ctrtool, there is a tutorial how to get the cxi partition of a cia in the github of citra.
Citra can run this also, so no need for cci.
I heard that it crashes after the first few minutes though.

Portal2player56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then how do i even find moon's if it was only released as a cia?(correction,released by hacker/dataminers,ectra)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

eh it doesn't matter. i knew this sort of thing would of happened so i saved a site that already has the CCi file of it made.i already have a custom citra tht has builds made just for sun/moon so i'm good on tht. only prob right now it waiting for cci file to download.question about luma/reinand though: if i put a Cia file in that, would i still need said CXI file for it to play or would it be good to go? sadly i cannot get reinand,luma,ectra tht can breack a 3ds wide open cause my 3ds is latest firmware and O3ds,not n3ds. i know there is a dsiware downgrading option but only problem: i have no second 3DS.

Portal2player56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The leaked cia was already decrypted, so
Code:
makerom -ciatocci moon.cia
is sufficient for Citra.
now where about would i use this? run,makerom itself? i tried a long path tht imcluded the file and everything but sadly it kinda makes my pc (even though it is new and has a good processor) freeze a bit. y idk.

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
now where about would i use this? run,makerom itself? i tried a long path tht imcluded the file and everything but sadly it kinda makes my pc (even though it is new and has a good processor) freeze a bit. y idk.
makerom uses a lot of RAM, so you should be patient. You can also do what Wuigi said:
Code:
ctrtool -p --content=c moon.cia
and then rename c.0000.00000000 to moon.cxi and play it with Citra. ctrtool uses less RAM than makerom, so it will not freeze your PC.

Portal2player56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try ctr but it just instantly flashes in and out and seems to have done nothing. i tried the latest version of makerom from the repository but it did the same as the ctrtool...nothing

Portal2player56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeh i am giving the right arguments needed to do it. but it just sorta flashes in then out really fast doing nothing. if it isn't working through "run" what would the command be in the command prompt? would it be something like this:"C:\users\(enter username here)>desktop\ctr\windows_x86_x64\ctrtool.exe -p --content=c moon.cia"

Last edited by Portal2player56,
D

Deleted User

yeh i am giving the right arguments needed to do it. but it just sorta flashes in then out really fast doing nothing. if it isn't working through "run" what would the command be in the command prompt? would it be something like this:"C:\users\(enter username here)>desktop\ctr\windows_x86_x64\ctrtool.exe -p --content=c moon.cia"

Put the EXE in the folder with moon.cia, shift+click => open command prompt, then `ctrtool --content=contents moon.cia`

Rainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
@Wuigi

Sorry for the trouble, I can't find how to extract a cxi file from a cia file using ctrtool in the citra github. If it's not too much trouble, could you explain how to do it?

Thanks a lot guys! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: