how do i change a moon.cia to moon.cci with makerom?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Portal2player56, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Portal2player56
    OP

Portal2player56 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    i do not have a reinand or any of that fancy bits (except homebrew) but i am trying to turn my moon.cia file into a moon.cci file for Citri Edge emulator so i can atleast play Moon till it comes out on the 18th. i am using a app called makerom that can do this but sadly it needs a very very very specific prompt command in the "run" application to be made to have it turn the cia to cci. does anyone know this path? all i know is it needs "-ciatocci moon.cia" in the path but the specifics are unknown to me.

2. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    Simply extract it with ctrtool, there is a tutorial how to get the cxi partition of a cia in the github of citra.
    Citra can run this also, so no need for cci.
    I heard that it crashes after the first few minutes though.

3. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    ty 4 the info. but do each cia have a specific cxi or no?

4. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    The CXI is specific to each game, yes.

5. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    then how do i even find moon's if it was only released as a cia?(correction,released by hacker/dataminers,ectra)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

eh it doesn't matter. i knew this sort of thing would of happened so i saved a site that already has the CCi file of it made.i already have a custom citra tht has builds made just for sun/moon so i'm good on tht. only prob right now it waiting for cci file to download.question about luma/reinand though: if i put a Cia file in that, would i still need said CXI file for it to play or would it be good to go? sadly i cannot get reinand,luma,ectra tht can breack a 3ds wide open cause my 3ds is latest firmware and O3ds,not n3ds. i know there is a dsiware downgrading option but only problem: i have no second 3DS.

6. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    You need to understand what I wrote, then go to citras github.

7. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    oh i do understand but doesn't every csi file have their own Cxi file? cause if so,how would i even be able to get moon's?

8. RainThunder

RainThunder GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Hanoi
    The leaked cia was already decrypted, so
    Code:
    makerom -ciatocci moon.cia
    is sufficient for Citra.

9. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    now where about would i use this? run,makerom itself? i tried a long path tht imcluded the file and everything but sadly it kinda makes my pc (even though it is new and has a good processor) freeze a bit. y idk.

10. RainThunder

RainThunder GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Hanoi
    makerom uses a lot of RAM, so you should be patient. You can also do what Wuigi said:
    Code:
    ctrtool -p --content=c moon.cia
    and then rename c.0000.00000000 to moon.cxi and play it with Citra. ctrtool uses less RAM than makerom, so it will not freeze your PC.

11. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    i try ctr but it just instantly flashes in and out and seems to have done nothing. i tried the latest version of makerom from the repository but it did the same as the ctrtool...nothing

12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    lrn2commandline, those programs are not supposed to be run by double clicking on them

13. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    who said i was double clicking them? i was using the run command method.

14. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    So, are you passing them the arguments correctly?
    Still better to run them in an actual command prompt window, so that you can read the output without it instantly disappearing!

15. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    yeh i am giving the right arguments needed to do it. but it just sorta flashes in then out really fast doing nothing. if it isn't working through "run" what would the command be in the command prompt? would it be something like this:"C:\users\(enter username here)>desktop\ctr\windows_x86_x64\ctrtool.exe -p --content=c moon.cia"

Last edited by Portal2player56, Nov 11, 2016
  16. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Put the EXE in the folder with moon.cia, shift+click => open command prompt, then `ctrtool --content=contents moon.cia`

17. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    i already have the ctrtool exe and the cia in a folder together

18. Rainr

Rainr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Netherlands Antilles
    @Wuigi

Sorry for the trouble, I can't find how to extract a cxi file from a cia file using ctrtool in the citra github. If it's not too much trouble, could you explain how to do it?

Thanks a lot guys! :)