Hacking How do i backup my files IF the SD card someday gets corrupted?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's okay, i didnt have that many games anyway and i don't care about the save games :)
One last question (i promise) :P
What do i need to do to start freshly start over to install Luma3DS? Is it enough to just format my SD card??

Well, you're going to need to format your SD card and remove your EmuNAND. You can run EmuNAND9 and select the FormatSD card (No EmuNAND) option. That will format your SD card and remove the EmuNAND (duh). Backup your SD card first though, so you can put the Nintendo 3DS folder back again. I think that's the only thing you really need IIRC, but someone has to confirm that.

What you should do now: backup your current SD card and then continue to format it in EmuNAND9 to remove the EmuNAND. Then wait I guess until someone confirms you only need the Nintendo 3DS folder back. Maybe you can even just put it back into your 3DS and have it initiliaze itself, but I don't really know that much about this topic unfortunately :P

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, you're going to need to format your SD card and remove your EmuNAND. You can run EmuNAND9 and select the FormatSD card (No EmuNAND) option. That will format your SD card and remove the EmuNAND (duh). Backup your SD card first though, so you can put the Nintendo 3DS folder back again. I think that's the only thing you really need IIRC, but someone has to confirm that.

What you should do now: backup your current SD card and then continue to format it in EmuNAND9 to remove the EmuNAND. Then wait I guess until someone confirms you only need the Nintendo 3DS folder back. Maybe you can even just put it back into your 3DS and have it initiliaze itself, but I don't really know that much about this topic unfortunately :P

Instead of using EmuNAND9 can't i just format the SD card by right clicking the SD card and click the format button in Windows?
Like this: http://i.imgur.com/ARgUXf0.jpg

Also in the 2DS should I click the "Format System Memory" in settings? :)

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Instead of using EmuNAND9 can't i just format the SD card by right clicking the SD card and click the format button in Windows?
Like this: http://i.imgur.com/ARgUXf0.jpg

Also in the 2DS should I click the "Format System Memory" in settings? :)

Formatting it that way would still leave you with your EmuNAND partition and that would create problems when you're following the guide as per guide you will create a RedNAND (different kind of EmuNAND) so no that wouldn't work. You have to use EmuNAND9 if you want to start fresh.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Formatting it that way would still leave you with your EmuNAND partition and that would create problems when you're following the guide as per guide you will create a RedNAND (different kind of EmuNAND) so no that wouldn't work. You have to use EmuNAND9 if you want to start fresh.

Ahh I see! Thank you for the information! Then EmuNAND9 it is!
While I'm using EmuNAND9 should make a backup for the EmuNAND?
Also what's the different between RedNAND and EmuNAND? Whenever I want to update the CFW using EmuNAND to the latest firmware, in Settings it says RX-E 11.x.x...
Will that be the same in RedNAND? I like that it says RX-E 11.x.x. so you don't accidentally update the SysNAND :)

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ahh I see! Thank you for the information! Then EmuNAND9 it is!
While I'm using EmuNAND9 should make a backup for the EmuNAND?
Also what's the different between RedNAND and EmuNAND? Whenever I want to update the CFW using EmuNAND to the latest firmware, in Settings it says RX-E 11.x.x...
Will that be the same in RedNAND? I like that it says RX-E 11.x.x. so you don't accidentally update the SysNAND :)

You could make a backup of the EmuNAND first to be sure, but seeing as you don't really care about the games/save files it's not really necessary. RedNAND is just a slightly smaller version of EmuNAND. Where EmuNAND would take 1.8GB, RedNAND would cost about 1.2GB (just an estimated guess) so it takes less time and takes less space on your SD card.
If you follow Plialects guide (starting fresh starting here) you will have a (temporary) RedNAND. When you use Luma3DS in EmuNAND it will say EMU in front of the numbers, just like RX-E used to be. When you have completed the guide, you'll have a sysNAND only 3DS and you can safely update it to the last version. It will still say "Sys" in front of it like "Emu" or "RX-E" if you check "Show current NAND in System Settings" during the Luma3DS set up, which the guide will make you do.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You could make a backup of the EmuNAND first to be sure, but seeing as you don't really care about the games/save files it's not really necessary. RedNAND is just a slightly smaller version of EmuNAND. Where EmuNAND would take 1.8GB, RedNAND would cost about 1.2GB (just an estimated guess) so it takes less time and takes less space on your SD card.
If you follow Plialects guide (starting fresh starting here) you will have a (temporary) RedNAND. When you use Luma3DS in EmuNAND it will say EMU in front of the numbers, just like RX-E used to be. When you have completed the guide, you'll have a sysNAND only 3DS and you can safely update it to the last version. It will still say "Sys" in front of it like "Emu" or "RX-E" if you check "Show current NAND in System Settings" during the Luma3DS set up, which the guide will make you do.

Ahhh now I understand!
Thank you very much for all your help and answers!!! :D
I am going to follow the guide step by step and hopefully it will work! :)

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ahhh now I understand!
Thank you very much for all your help and answers!!! :D
I am going to follow the guide step by step and hopefully it will work! :)

Good luck! Don't forget! If you have any worries or any issues, message me or post it here. Continueing with issues can lead to a brick so you wanna be extra careful. Also; don't freak out haha. Do this while being rested as you need to read very carefully!

Reactions: Naxster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: