Hacking How do I back up the firmware on my flashcard before replacing it with ntrboot?

SlightlyModified

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hello there!

I'm installing ntrboot on my R4i-SDHC RTS 3DS flash cart(the one from r4i-sdhc.com (NOT r4isdhc.com)) and yes, I know it's not officially supported and I understand the risks. [Re-worded this part to make it clearer what I want to ask] Is there anyway to dump the current flash from my flashcard without ntrboot-flasher? I do not have any access to a previously modified 3DS so this is out of the question. Thanks in advance! :yay3ds:

EDIT: I do not have access to any modified 3DS's, meaning that dumping it via GodMode9 or ntrboot-flasher is out of the question.

EDIT 2: Forget about ntrboot, I don't care if it does not work as of now. That is not my question and that is not what I created this thread for.

EDIT 3: Is there actually a way to trick ntrboot into installing anyways on my flashcard (Yes, I am aware that my flashcard is not officially supported)? And would it even work at all?

EDIT 4: Also, has anyone tried this? https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher/releases

Last edited by SlightlyModified,

SlightlyModified

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok, so I removed everything from my flashcard's SD card except for the games because there's about 7.7 GBs worth, so I stuck it in my DSi, opened it, and what came up was an icon that was asking where the menu was. I was hoping that nothing would happen so that I was completely safe to overwrite. Now though I'm still unsure if it's safe. I've got a .nds file containing the latest version, does that mean that I can restore it from this .nds file?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I removed everything from my flashcard's SD card except for the games because there's about 7.7 GBs worth, so I stuck it in my DSi, opened it, and what came up was an icon that was asking where the menu was. I was hoping that nothing would happen so that I was completely safe to overwrite. Now though I'm still unsure if it's safe. I've got a .nds file containing the latest version, does that mean that I can restore it from this .nds file?
You don't even need an SD card in the cartridge to use NTR_Flasher.
Your card isn't supported as you've been told many times.
Even if your card is recognized as a clone of a supported one, it still has a chance to fail dumping/injection.
The ONLY way to check is to actually try and dump the card. It doesn't matter what your card looks like if it's not on the "supported" list. I can find you two of the same exact "sticker" but have completely different chips under the hood.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flashcart is not supported. You can't magically make it be supported. Just because the sticker looks similar doesn't mean the hardware of the carts are similar.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol