Hacking How do I back up installed CIA games?

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2DS running Luma3DS, A9hl...

My 32Gb mem stick is right about full now and I'd like to free up some space, but I'm not exactly sure where the games are kept on the SD card. Where are they, and is backing them up as simple as plugging my mem stick into my PC, and dragging the games to somewhere else?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2DS running Luma3DS, A9hl...

My 32Gb mem stick is right about full now and I'd like to free up some space, but I'm not exactly sure where the games are kept on the SD card. Where are they, and is backing them up as simple as plugging my mem stick into my PC, and dragging the games to somewhere else?
mem stick or sd card? get a 64 or 128 gb sd card and just copy everything from your 32 gb onto it and you're done no need to uninstall anything. dont listen to the guy above. just make sure to format your new sd card to fat 32. you can't do it in windows but here's a link to an easy program that will do it.
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mem stick or sd card? get a 64 or 128 gb sd card and just copy everything from your 32 gb onto it and you're done no need to uninstall anything. dont listen to the guy above. just make sure to format your new sd card to fat 32. you can't do it in windows but here's a link to an easy program that will do it.
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
See, buying a 64gb SD card is what I wanted to do originally, but I kept reading here about how anything above 32gb is unstable on the 3DS/2DS. I'd read how it might be fine for a while, but once the 64gb, or 128gb card is filled past the 32gb mark, it starts behaving erratically.

Oh and it's actually a 32gb Micro SD inside of a SD adapter

Last edited by alexg1989,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, buying a 64gb SD card is what I wanted to do originally, but I kept reading here about how anything above 32gb is unstable on the 3DS/2DS. I'd read how it might be fine for a while, but once the 64gb, or 128gb card is filled past the 32gb mark, it starts behaving erratically.

Oh and it's actually a 32gb Micro SD inside of a SD adapter
i have 128gb never had an issue. just make sure is good brand and format it properly like i stated before

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, just bought a 64gb micro sd card. Just to be certain, all I need to do once it arrives is move my files from the old micro sd to the new one right?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, just bought a 64gb micro sd card. Just to be certain, all I need to do once it arrives is move my files from the old micro sd to the new one right?
you HAVE to format it to fat 32 using that program i linked or other formatting program first. can't do it with windows format cuz it wont let u.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

u can set the cluster size to 32kb or leave it default

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou