Hacking How do I add friends in cfw??

Takeshi666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic created gets a 1/10 for laziness.

Also don't you just add friend codes in the friends menu?
Sorry. My problem is that when I open the friends icon it just hangs

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Topic created gets a 1/10 for laziness.

Also don't you just add friend codes in the friends menu?
Sorry for not clarifying

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop using RXTools and switch over to another CFW
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
I suggest Luma3DS.
RXTools is grossly out of date and a dead project. Luma3DS has the most update patches for the Friends list.
Shameless plug and insults? You okay today? grossly out of date? Maybe just hasn't been updated enough for moderen use would be okay. :P

Your gonna need a hug later. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone link me a tutorial transferring from rxtools to luma3ds
I dunno how to transfer from rxtools but here is luma files. :)

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can someone link me a tutorial transferring from rxtools to luma3ds
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-switch-your-menuhax-cfw-setup-to-luma3ds.430834/
Do not worry about your games. CFW's only read the NANDs, they don't write to them. So switching won't effect saves, games, themes, accounts, ect.
Shameless plug and insults? You okay today? grossly out of date? Maybe just hasn't been updated enough for moderen use would be okay. :P

Your gonna need a hug later. :)
Sometimes I am just blunt. Because reason.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: CheatFreak47

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: you will probably need an archive manager like winrar or 7zip (if on windows, idk what you will need on mac, linux should be fine though) to extract the files for

Setting up a bootmanager for menuhax and homebrew (so you can use homebrew and cfw automatically if you have not) (The next steps assume that you do not just use the normal homebrew launcher to boot cfw, if you do, you can skip this if you want)

0a. If you are using a boot manager (i dont remember the name of it, but it has a purple screen last time i used it) you should have a file called boot.cfg in the root of your sd card. This will be replaced later, but if you do see this, skip to step 1, if not...
0b. You may be using rxtools.3dsx as the boot.3dsx (you will likely boot right into rxtools if you hold select). You will want to switch over to a boot manager. (So you have access to cfw booting and homebrew when you need it)
0c. If you are using the homebrew launcher, and it is up to date or the grid launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx to save a step
1. Download the file at the bottom of the first post from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/
2. Drag both files to the root of your sd card, let everything overwrite
3. Open the boot.cfg and change everything called Reinand to Luma3ds. Leave everything else alone.
4. Download the latest homebrew launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx and put it in the root of your sd card

Setting up luma

1. Delete the rxtools folder, the rxtools folder in /3ds/ and rxtools.dat
2. Download the latest release of luma3ds from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases (don't download dev unless you actually need it for something (you most likely do not)
3. Drag the 3ds folder, luma folder, and luma3DS.dat (all in the download) to the root of your sd card
4. Turn your ds on and see if everything is working fine. You should have a 3 second boot time, you can change this in the cfg or "more... > settings > timeout" use left and right to change it
5. If you do not forget to copy files over (like me :() then you should see Luma3ds v5.5-something configuration. Go ahead and setup what you want on there (do not check autoboot sysnand)
6. Press start and you should be good to go

If I forgot something, or are confused, let me know where you are at and I will try to clarify it.

edit: sniped, but whatever.

Reactions: GoodCookie88

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download this archive.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z
Copy the stuff to the sd card as shown in this picture, and use the luma loader in homebrew menu :)
and get rid of the rxtools files

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f52374872546b722e706e67

Takeshi666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: you will probably need an archive manager like winrar or 7zip (if on windows, idk what you will need on mac, linux should be fine though) to extract the files for

Setting up a bootmanager for menuhax and homebrew (so you can use homebrew and cfw automatically if you have not) (The next steps assume that you do not just use the normal homebrew launcher to boot cfw, if you do, you can skip this if you want)

0a. If you are using a boot manager (i dont remember the name of it, but it has a purple screen last time i used it) you should have a file called boot.cfg in the root of your sd card. This will be replaced later, but if you do see this, skip to step 1, if not...
0b. You may be using rxtools.3dsx as the boot.3dsx (you will likely boot right into rxtools if you hold select). You will want to switch over to a boot manager. (So you have access to cfw booting and homebrew when you need it)
0c. If you are using the homebrew launcher, and it is up to date or the grid launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx to save a step
1. Download the file at the bottom of the first post from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/
2. Drag both files to the root of your sd card, let everything overwrite
3. Open the boot.cfg and change everything called Reinand to Luma3ds. Leave everything else alone.
4. Download the latest homebrew launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx and put it in the root of your sd card

Setting up luma

1. Delete the rxtools folder, the rxtools folder in /3ds/ and rxtools.dat
2. Download the latest release of luma3ds from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases (don't download dev unless you actually need it for something (you most likely do not)
3. Drag the 3ds folder, luma folder, and luma3DS.dat (all in the download) to the root of your sd card
4. Turn your ds on and see if everything is working fine. You should have a 3 second boot time, you can change this in the cfg or "more... > settings > timeout" use left and right to change it
5. If you do not forget to copy files over (like me :() then you should see Luma3ds v5.5-something configuration. Go ahead and setup what you want on there (do not check autoboot sysnand)
6. Press start and you should be good to go

If I forgot something, or are confused, let me know where you are at and I will try to clarify it.

edit: sniped, but whatever.
Do I need menuhax already installed for this to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.