Homebrew Question How do I actually use games from the BigBlueBox?

D

Deleted User

Is BBB "that iso site"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So funny hahaha. Look I asked a question! I tried extracting it normally but the download was corrupt. I'm not an idiot. I could've done this all myself had the download been functional and complete.
sometimes people upload releases with double compression. you have to extract a 2nd set of rar or zip files to get to the real rom or iso or movie or whatever. If that was not the case, you may have had a dropped connection and one of the files of the set didn t download so check and redownload it. sometimes its not your connection and one of the files is just down where it was uploaded. that s when you wanna check if the page you downloaded the files from included a mirror or an alternative set of the files uploaded to a different file sharing service site. if so you can check the mirrors for the missing file you need.

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBB is a release group, a famous one.
Their releases may perhaps appear on "that iso site" or whatever other site.
BBB is just the people that are creating those... erm... backups.
BBB is in no way shape or form famous. The only reason BBB is known is because that group was the first to start sharing switch games online. There are far superior groups out there that dominate BBB on all levels.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hopefully its not interpreted the wrong way, but:

OP wasnt having a problem with not understanding multiple files zipped (which was what was assumed)

OP didnt realize his downloads were corrupt/missing files...

kinda reminds me of someone trying to "assemble" a bowl of cereal (requires 3 parts: bowl,milk,cereal), but is missing milk and doesn't realize it. :D

glad OP got it working now.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully its not interpreted the wrong way, but:

OP wasnt having a problem with not understanding multiple files zipped (which was what was assumed)

OP didnt realize his downloads were corrupt/missing files...

kinda reminds me of someone trying to "assemble" a bowl of cereal (requires 3 parts: bowl,milk,cereal), but is missing milk and doesn't realize it. :D

glad OP got it working now.
People are just pouncing on the guy who maybe isnt as tech savvy as many of us, to what feel good about themselves. Its kinda lame. I enjoy helping the confused. Bringi g people alil fun. Nothing bad about that.

Reactions: rogerramjet

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People are just pouncing on the guy who maybe isnt as tech savvy as many of us, to what feel good about themselves. Its kinda lame. I enjoy helping the confused. Bringi g people alil fun. Nothing bad about that.
yep, working in the tech field and often have to deal with tech support from non tech savvy people. i often get questions which i would assume is common knowledge, but always remind myself:
not everyone is as tech savvy and no one likes being made fun of. (i usually just laugh on my own, and thenn help anyways :))

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, working in the tech field and often have to deal with tech support from non tech savvy people. i often get questions which i would assume is common knowledge, but always remind myself:
not everyone is as tech savvy and no one likes being made fun of. (i usually just laugh on my own, and thenn help anyways :))
It can get frustrating but not in the 2 secs it takes to type a simple quick message to help someone enjoy what we ourselves wanna enjoy. If we re all so smart this should be super easy to do. But as i said it can be frustrating. I m constantly fighting with my mother trying to help her get the damn cursor out of the web address box or any other box. Haha.

Reactions: silvershadow

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
There are like 50 different zip files inside a folder how do I go about actually getting the game? Through DevMenu?
There are like 50 different zip files inside a folder how do I go about actually getting the game? Through DevMenu?
You are not allowed to mention ANY Warez on this site . Hey @Quantumcat Literally asking how to use BBB Dumps

Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise. That should include asking about how Warez Scene Release Dumps work

Last edited by Chipidy,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BBB is in no way shape or form famous. The only reason BBB is known is because that group was the first to start sharing switch games online. There are far superior groups out there that dominate BBB on all levels.
And that is the reason it's famous. Never said anything about skill.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not allowed to mention ANY Warez on this site . Hey @Quantumcat Literally asking how to use BBB Dumps

Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise. That should include asking about how Warez Scene Release Dumps work
I get what you're saying however OP is asking how to open the "backups" he has acquired which is allowed. We are just not allowed to help him find more viable backups. But we are allowed to act as tech support in figuring out whether he downloaded bad backups or not.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte