How do I activate cheats in SCDSone

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by cynthia, Jul 27, 2007.

Jul 27, 2007
  1. cynthia
    OP

Newcomer cynthia Member

Korea, South
    I recently got a SCDSone and was just wondering how this cheat thing works. I've tried putting the cheat files in the cheats directory by the release number, didn't work. I've also renamed to the the same filename as the game and stuck it in the same directory as the game, didn't work either.

ROMs were patched with the supermode client software (or whatever the things name is), trimmed, and copied to the card. Everything single box is checked active in the patch information box, and all of the roms are recognized (showing the release number and game name in the file info box)

The hotkey doesn't seem to do anything, it doesn't ask me if I'm going to cheat at the start of the game, but IGR works. It's the only thing that works, actually.

I've tried the hotkeys while loading the game from the shell, during the blank screen before the game title, during the intro, in game, in game paused, nothing worked

I tried : Trauma Center (U) , Etrian Odyssey (U) , Sonic Rush (U) , Final Fantasy III (U) , Lunar Knights (E)

Everything is updated to the latest stuff. Micro kernel says it's 1.01 and the shell is SCDSone OS 2.0 SP3

I was just wondering if I've done something wrong, or the card cheat feature is just buggy?

2. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I don't have a scds1 (unfortunately) but i will try and help.

When you use the supermode patcher, try double clicking the rom in the list (or right/click/properteies) to bring the properties box up, see if there is a cheat box to tick in those options.

Also I have heard scds1 owners mention pressing L+X or L+B (something like that) to bring up on the fly patching options while in the scds1 menu, again see if theres anything to enable there.

3. cynthia
    OP

Newcomer cynthia Member

Korea, South
    Came back right after giving it a shot, didn't work either. Maybe I should try a downgrade?

4. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Try www.scdev.info as someone who owns a scds1 maybe able to help

5. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    You defenitly SHOULDN't use the "super patcher mode" with PC app.. Never worked for me properly [​IMG]. As for cheats, when you select the patch options (on the DS) you should be able to "patch --> enable patch --> enable cheat". First try with a game that has a cheat file also in the "/scshell/cheat" dir (so you know the feature works as the cheat file has been provided) as quite a few are supplied with the firmware.

To see the options screen and how it should look when cheats are enabled (and cheats are available);
    http://nds.scorpei.com/G6DS_real.html

Then control+f on these two things (first for the patching options second for how the cheat menu looks):

6. kersplatty

Member kersplatty GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I noticed i can never get cheats on trauma centre to work, i think it's just a problem with the cheat system

7. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just enable cheats in Patch mode. Then the cheat screen will pop up right after you select and start a game.

After that, to bring the cheat menu up during the game, press L+R+Left+Start. But quite a few games freeze for me after exiting that realtime cheat menu.