1. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    They could but they won’t. They’ll most likely make the switch revisions the “new” Nintendo switch with better clock speeds and possible more ram. But an over clocking ips is coming soon for the switch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How to fix your switch getting too hot. Open it up, get rid of Nintendo’s crappy thermal paste that acts as an insulator, apply arctic silver Mx4 or your favorite thermal paste, and boom. Doesn’t get as hot as normal.

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    Would something like Thermal Grizzly's Conductonaut be feasible, or is that only for the most enthused of enthusiasts?

3. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  4. Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Yeah you are right.

5. Wheth

Wheth Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    More RAM with other specs invariated could allow for more than 30s of recorded gameplay. That's about it.

Water falls due to gravity, that's why you hang out the laundry instead of leaving it on a heap in the ground *cough*

6. ars25

ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    i mean its possible but if the switch has anything aluminium based in the heat sink or around the cpu/gpu dies you run a great risk of destroying your switch

7. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I tried it before and it worked pretty well. Switched to paste because I didn’t want to some how have it short my system

8. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    I think 8gb of RAM is not hard to 'squeeze', but hard to afford.

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Oh, so nearly 20 million units sold is a commercial failure and the Wii U was a success, got it.

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  10. Dionicio3
    This message by Dionicio3 has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 29, 2018, Reason: memes.
    Oct 29, 2018
  11. aykay55

OP aykay55 Professional Idiot

United States
    Just to clarify, overclocking won't affect the performance of any actual Switch games, like Wolfenstein 2. It will only increase the power of the emulators.

12. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Who said anything specifically (except you) about the commercial aspect? It simply said "The Switch is an indisputable success". But go ahead and continue injecting things that weren't there to begin with. Despite it's commercial sales, for me the Switch is a failure. Thus I dispute it. Understand? Good.

13. coffinbirth

coffinbirth GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought two Switches at launch. Neither were bent upon arrival. Second Switch was stowed away for hacking. First Switch was used for about 60 hours docked, playing BotW and Fast RMX. Pulled out of dock after about a month to upgrade sd card, noticed Switch was bent.

FF to July 2018, I got my SX OS PRO in the mail, broke out my boxed, still unbent Switch, and loaded it up with games and docked it. Played for about 10 hours, total. Pulled out Switch to add more games...BENT.
    I can say, anecdotally anyways, that the Switch bends while in use, not over time. Heat is the only thing that can cause that.

14. the_randomizer

United States
    Then how is it not a commercial success? I'm just dying to know.

15. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Still more injecting? You need some reading comprehension skills. That's all I have to say. Thank you. Goodnight.

16. the_randomizer

United States
    Whatever you say, buddy.

17. SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob NOT a New Member

United States
    It would affect native Switch titles, but the impact would be unnoticeable to the average end-user, as it would be increasing the throughput of the processor. The CPU clockspeed is would help with loading times and expediting BUS processes, but most games are optimized to run on the Switch hardware and aren't programmed to run at uncapped speeds (unlimited frame limit like emulators).

The average person will focus on whether the Switch's game runs or not, and they already do, so they won't care. Now, in-game areas that have noticeable lag/stuttering may see marked improvements, such as Korok Forest in Breath of the Wild, but that noticeable difference is an exception and not the norm.

I am personally curious whether or not NSP installation and/or USB hard drives will have improved performance.

felix.200 likes this.
  18. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    The switch is in the same ballpark as PS360 visually yet has 8 times the RAM.
    I think more CPU/GPU would've had a better impact.

19. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    It was proven ages ago that switch units were arriving bent from the factory, which disproves the heat theory

20. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    So, Bane works for Nintendo?

21. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Personally, it having 8GB with its specs wouldn't have made much of a difference, if any, as it wouldn't have been able to effectively utilize it. Now, sticking with 4GB of RAM, but having double the RAM bandwidth that it has now would have made a huge difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - different, Switch,