How did you get Beup to work?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jimminy_kriket, Jan 20, 2007.

Jan 20, 2007
  1. jimminy_kriket
    OP

Newcomer jimminy_kriket Member

Canada
    Ok, I posted earlier about getting beup and dsorganize working and ive managed to get the newest dsorganize to work. But im still stuck on Beup.

I was just wondering how you guys that got beup working on your m3 lite's? Right now im stuck at the "recieving info from dhcp host" or w/e it says (i dont have my ds near me) [​IMG] .
    The thing is, ive tried connecting at work (i work at the source) and I got passed the "recieving from dhcp host" almost instantly, it would just get stuck on handshaking. I'm going to see how that router is configured, but im still stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

And also, how do you format your micro sd? i heard using windows was bad [​IMG] (im still new) [​IMG]

2. Knab

Member Knab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    are you using the newest beup? i had the same problem but since the new one i havent had a problem

beup project page

3. jimminy_kriket
    OP

Canada
    Hmm, I think im using the newest, 0.3 final anyways. Plus I should also add that, looking around the forums etc, i have seen many people say to turn on SSID broadcast, well, i tried that, and that stops beup from finding my router all toghether [​IMG] . Although i can still play mario kart fine.

I think i have to set up a static ip. I just tried about 10 minuts ago, and that resulted in no internet for about 5 minutes and me having to reset my router. I'm kinda lost about setting up a static ip like other people have done. Anyone have any good guides or anything?

Anyways, im going to the source in a couple minutes, i'll check the router config over there, see if that solves my problem.

4. its-my-right

Newcomer its-my-right Advanced Member

France
    It works fine for me (latest version) but the problem is that I can see the avatars of my contacts, but I can chose an avatar for me, whatever the place i put the folder "Avatars" in my micro Sd...anyone know how to fix that ? [​IMG]

5. jimminy_kriket
    OP

Canada
    Got it working, i set up my connection manually, then patched the rein16.nds with the m3sd.dldi. F*ck this thing rocks! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, as I know how hard it was figuring this shit out.

6. jimminy_kriket
    OP

Canada
    One more quick question. Is it possible to hide folders from view? eg, there are quite a few programs that require a folder in the root, is it possible to hide these? Hiding them in windows doesnt work. Thx in advance.