How did people dump satellaview games?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Wasn't there an Arduino-based SNES dumper that had that feature?

I would believe mempaks saved data could be dumped using a hardware based rom dumper.
I expect FAST to come here with the definitive answer :P

all the way back in 1996? when the games were broadcast.

i mean like in 1996 to 2000. thats why bit of the games are missing from our "collections".

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

i mean like in 1996 to 2000. thats why bit of the games are missing from our "collections".
If I'm not wrong broadcasted games were saved to a special cartridge, and a bunch of them survived until today.

Reactions: Flame

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Don't know how applicable they were for Satellaview (apart from the already mentioned downloadable games - the Zelda 1 remake wasn't one or so Nintendo claims in the loading audio, though), but the "backup" industry wasn't rare even back then - just expensive and inconvenient (obscure Chinese/HK/Taiwanese products, not made or sold by the 10 thousands, using floppies/reprogrammable cards/computers for storage)

The DS/Lite, out of all the consoles needing some hardware for copied games, had slot-1 flashcards going for very cheap due to both competition and being relatively simple designs for their years - even the PS1 took some years between launch, modchips, and very cheap modchips

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To add to what Ryccardo said, the whole cheap piracy scene basically started with the DS and the cheapo R4 clones.
Before that, modchips where expensive and not sold in huge quantities.

Social media also has added a lot to it.
Due to the ease of social media, people came in contact with more pirates.
Not to mention people mentioning on facebook etc that they had a hacked Wii and are helping others hacking theirs for piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.