Gaming How did I not know I didn't need a charger for my DS Lite?

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 4,854
  • Replies 7
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted-394630

OP
THIS WILL ONLY WORK IN A DS LITE, NO OTHER MODELS DO THIS
With a MINI USB cable, and some patience, you can work the MINI USB cable into the charging port, and it will charge!
Please make sure you use a MINI USB cable (Not a micro USB cable!) They look like this:
51M9tRLIWfL._SX355_.jpg
It worked when I did it:
393645-miniusb.jpg

(This is not a shitpost, this actually works, please do not move it to EOF. The DS Lite's charger is a modified Mini USB port, that's why this works!)

Reactions: KevinLSX

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i just tried and yeah i didn't force it, but eventually you can make it fit... if you don't care about fucking the port you can use plenty of force to make it fit
but still i would just get a proper cable or a universal charger with the correct tip, fucking up the port is harder to replace than a simple charger...

however keep in mind the official ds lite charger does 5.2V at 450mAh, i wouldn't suggest to use a pc to charge it

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
however keep in mind the official ds lite charger does 5.2V at 450mAh, i wouldn't suggest to use a pc to charge it
Fucking up USB cables and the DS Lite's USB port aside, why wouldn't a PC USB port be able to provide that?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Fucking up USB cables and the DS Lite's USB port aside, why wouldn't a PC USB port be able to provide that?
i do believe they usually provide only 500mah? i do believe since the port is just 5v, it will try to squeeze more amps to compensate?
i don't understand how electricity works but i had a friend who does and told me the other way around, that if the device requires more amps than the transformer can provide, it is better to give a little bit more voltage to compensate

PS: also better fuck a charger than a pc...

Last edited by migles,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i do believe they usually provide only 500mah? i do believe since the port is just 5v, it will try to squeeze more amps to compensate?
5,0 * 500 is already more maximum watts than 5,2 * 450

Not to mention that: most computers especially desktops don't have aggressively police the maximum load on USB ports, that if they did you're only guaranteed 100 mA before the device identifies to the system, that every device must identify (so these charging cables and Y cables are as wrong as usb toasters and lighters), and that "USB is 5 volts" is a nominal voltage with a tolerance that includes up 5,25, and the DS's 5,2 also has an unspecified tolerance :)

Reactions: Minox and migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1