How did I earn SO MUCH XP in such a short amount of time?

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don’t ask for tips, it just surprises me that this takes for some people ages just to get Level 2, but no.
I join the site and get Level 2 within a month, and now I’m already on the half of Level 3.

In fact, what is even the point of the levels?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's also worth pointing out that lower levels require less xp to reach subsequent levels - for example, the total xp required to get from level 0 to 3 is less than the xp required to get from level 6 to level 7.
It works a bit like PSN's trophy score.

Reactions: MaxiBash

Deleted member 383179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I think the point he was trying to make is that the system appears to reward people who sign out and then back in the next day as opposed to those who have "keep me signed in" enabled.
I have the 'keep me signed in' option enabled and get XP just for visiting the site. It has nothing to do with the sign in, it's just whether or not you visit the site.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or you could do what one user did recently; work on a translation patch, say you're not going to release it publicly, require anyone wanting it to like every post they make in the thread to get on "the list" to be sent the patch, spam the fuck out of posts in the thread (that each require to be liked)... I initially went along with this 'scam', until I realised that the user was basically only updating someone else's existing patch and had shown very little (if any) new progress. After going back through and unliking all the posts I'd previously liked, he dropped a whole user level. Others weren't smart enough to unlike all the posts, and that user (who's only been a signed up member for less than 3 months), last I looked, had a user level of 13.

Last edited by duwen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended