How did guys you 3 star the 150cc races in MK7?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by mario-lucis-caelum, Jun 3, 2017.

1. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Just curious since I'm having a hard tine doing it. The ai always gets lucky with blue shells during the last race.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    2-player mode with a friend who is better despite only having played MK7 for a few hours against me before, lol

OrGoN3 likes this.
  3. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

Dec 12, 2016
    Is that even possible?

4. ItsMetaKnight

ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2008
    I found it quite easy. Didn't take more than 3 tries per cup, most of them first try.
    In most courses, distance between me and the next AI player is enough to survive one blue shell.
    Just don't mess up while driving and don't be shy to use the brakes if necessary. Same goes for 200cc of course.

OrGoN3 likes this.
  5. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    NTR plugin. :3

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yep, although the actual scores are only recorded from player 1 (if player 2 wins you don't get the cups/rating they earned but it still counts for unlockables)

7. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

Dec 12, 2016
    Dude toad and the koopa troppa are so fast

My setup is airplane body + mushroom wheels + the bat glider thingie

8. SkyQueen

SkyQueen Arch3DS Developer || B0MBrHax

Apr 23, 2016
    Japan
    Seteguya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    I played the cups and won first in all races :P

9. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Blue shells fuck you up. That is Mario Kart for you. To get three stars you need to come first in four races in a row (this is a simplification, I don't know the exact conditions which need to be met). If a blue shell fucks you up in one of these then you're back to square one. Luck is a factor in this game which is why you shouldn't take it too seriously. Just keep on trying, you may need to improve your skills but you'll get there.

10. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Selecting the right character with the right (k)cart setup for specific cups. Shortcuts. Effective item management by using items for defense, coin replenishment, or sniping item boxes. Being a douche by ramming the closest racer (in overall points) into obstacles or while they're being reset by Lakitu. Turbo drifting. Stunts.

You also need to come in first (3/4 races, never lower than third*?) and have enough coins (3/4 races need ten coins*?)

90% of the time, breaking is an absolute last resort--letting off the gas or lightly tapping works a bit better.
    -----
    Don't be afraid to take others down with you--if you're targeted by a BS, get close to a few people, unless you're really far ahead of the pack on the last lap.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, Jun 4, 2017
  11. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole

Yes. Really. You will get it eventually. Never give up.

12. Nhills

Nhills Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    France
    Thanks for your help !