Hardware How dangerous is for the battery to stay in a prolonged discharged state?

Femto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I didn't play on my switch for 5 days, usually I am very thorough about turning it off completely so autorcm doesn't kick in, but it seems that this time I overlooked something. Last night I was in the mood for some Mario Odyssey, tegrarcm detected the device just fine, I pushed the payload and hekate displayed a 0.0% battery charge. I've left my switch turned off before with a fully charged battery for more than a week and it typically loses only 25-30 % of charge in such a time period. I turned the system off and charged it for a couple of hours and it charged up to 100 % just fine. Battery info on hekate displays that the battery reached a minimum voltage of 2.4v, which I understand is dangerous - anything under 2.5v is very damaging to lithium based batteries. Maximum capacity is 4608 mAh out of the ideal 4667 mAh , which seems fine after a year of use. I played an hour and a half of Mario Odyssey in handheld mode, with half brightness on, which used up a something like 50 % of charge. Same as before. Everything seems to be working okay. Is it possible that I'll see some symptoms of degradation in the near future?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tip: go to options in Hekate and enable "Auto HOS Power off" that way if you power off and it re autorcm if no payload is pushed within 15 secs it power off.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in terms of battery,
1. it's never good practice to keep completely drain it then recharge it
2. so minimum you should think about charging when it gets to 10%
3. but you may recharge anytime.
4. try to get to at least 80% before unplugging it

Reactions: Femto

Site & Scene News