IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
As probably already stated, draw a frame for your character, and a line of action (i think thats what its called) which kinda determines your characters posture, and how he/she is facing. If you have time I recommend taking an art class. I was totally against taking it (my pride as someone who has largely self taught), but it really helped me a lot, in terms of structuring my characters. Good start though! also... probably obvious but practice! practice makes present (there is no perfect)
tongue.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
As probably already stated, draw a frame for your character, and a line of action (i think thats what its called) which kinda determines your characters posture, and how he/she is facing. If you have time I recommend taking an art class. I was totally against taking it (my pride as someone who has largely self taught), but it really helped me a lot, in terms of structuring my characters. Good start though! also... probably obvious but practice! practice makes present (there is no perfect)
tongue.gif
Actually, I am in a art class right now, though we are just making clay animals right now. Though we did practice shading about a couple of months ago. I think it's starting to pay off.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I like your pictures. You look like have a kind of art skill. Your picture have cute feeling but shape (such as eyes shape and position) isn't perfect. You could improve skill by practicing. If you like to draw human cartoons, you should start to study the face, the body and hand, practice to draw each elements. The important points that you should improve from my point of view is eyes, face shape and body shape, concentrate to improve eyes drawing skill is the first piority.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
I like your pictures. You look like have a kind of art skill. Your picture have cute feeling but shape (such as eyes shape and position) isn't perfect. You could improve skill by practicing. If you like to draw human cartoons, you should start to study the face, the body and hand, practice to draw each elements. The important points that you should improve from my point of view is eyes, face shape and body shape, concentrate to improve eyes drawing skill is the first piority.
That's the thing I REALLY suck at. Making the eyes right. I think what I'm going to do is maybe draw a human hand, eyes, and other sorts until I get better at it.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd121 said:
tomrev said:
That's the thing I REALLY suck at. Making the eyes right. I think what I'm going to do is maybe draw a human hand, eyes, and other sorts until I get better at it.
Yeah, practice make perfect but I still like the cute feeling of your pics. Akira Toriyama who draw well known Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump mangas is an example that I like his primal arts style more than later art style. His primal arts has more cute feeling than later. I wish you don't do a mistake like him
nyanya.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
Sheaperd121 said:
tomrev said:
Yeah, practice make perfect but I still like the cute feeling of your pics. Akira Toriyama who draw well known Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump mangas is an example that I like his primal arts style more than later art style. His primal arts has more cute feeling than later. I wish you don't do a mistake like him
nyanya.gif
Yeah, I can see what you mean about Akira Toriyama. I've seen some of the of Dragon Ball Manga (And I mean VERY little) and some of his work does have a cute feel to it.

Though, could you tell me how my drawings look cute? Because I honestly don't see how some of them are cute.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd121 said:
tomrev said:
Sheaperd121 said:
tomrev said:
nyanya.gif
Yeah, I can see what you mean about Akira Toriyama. I've seen some of the of Dragon Ball Manga (And I mean VERY little) and some of his work does have a cute feel to it.

Though, could you tell me how my drawings look cute? Because I honestly don't see how some of them are cute.

It's hard to describe because it's the individual feeling. It's lines and the shape ratio, for example, generally large eyes is more cute small eyes, curve and chubby (like cartoon in your sig.). The most cute object for me is the dog in the first pic
smile.gif
But, I wish you think less about cute, draw as your style. Practice and adjust each elements, one by one, until you have more and more impression on your picture.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I double-took just... thought this thread said 'How can I improve Met Art'.
Hmmm I like the art in this thread. Don't know if it's already been suggested but there are teach-yourself-Manga books on Amazon and my sister finds them useful.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
hhhhzn.png

proportions man... the head is puny and the arm is short and fat
ei6nhc.jpg

look at his left should, it's dislocated, other than that it's pretty good (except maybe the eyes+nose could be better)
I'm going ti try and redraw him sometime. I messed up on his proportions big time.

Also, I drew some other things and I scanned them.
3gtgbhi.png

1xpauqk.png

What do you think?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guys head is pretty good. I like the shading. His body however is a bit off.

The girls hair is a bit messed up, but I see what your trying to do. You get better with practice.

D

Deleted User

they are better than mine lol
dont worry i have a problem with proportion too.
frown.gif

Over sized tits

but like everyone else said practice makes perfect, so whenever you have freetime, even if its just a little doodle something.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
you need some serious work man. I know your just starting but right now I don't think pinpointing what's wrong with your drawings is really going to help much. You need to just draw a LOT, and make those mistakes, observe them, learn and try to not make them next time which you probably still will for quite some time. I don't know how serious you are about doing it (like if you want to do art for a living), but if you want to make your stuff look pro, repetition is key and learning stuff in that repetition. draw ALL THE TIME. It's good that you are taking art classes, listen to your teachers try to understand what they are telling you to do. Draw from life if you want to learn to stylize figures. Without a proper foundation of life drawing, stylization is practically impossible. To stylize something correctly you must have extensive knowledge on the subject matter, otherwise you won't know what or how to stylize a certain facial feature, or a certain muscle, etc etc...also copy a lot of the artists you like. Like those phoenix wright things, don't try to draw them from memory, straight up copy them and try to understand why the artist drew it that way.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myke said:
you need some serious work man. I know your just starting but right now I don't think pinpointing what's wrong with your drawings is really going to help much. You need to just draw a LOT, and make those mistakes, observe them, learn and try to not make them next time which you probably still will for quite some time. I don't know how serious you are about doing it (like if you want to do art for a living), but if you want to make your stuff look pro, repetition is key and learning stuff in that repetition. draw ALL THE TIME. It's good that you are taking art classes, listen to your teachers try to understand what they are telling you to do. Draw from life if you want to learn to stylize figures. Without a proper foundation of life drawing, stylization is practically impossible. To stylize something correctly you must have extensive knowledge on the subject matter, otherwise you won't know what or how to stylize a certain facial feature, or a certain muscle, etc etc...also copy a lot of the artists you like. Like those phoenix wright things, don't try to draw them from memory, straight up copy them and try to understand why the artist drew it that way.
So, what you're saying is I should focus on drawing more and look at other works and try to see how people draw like that? Also, I am pretty serious about drawing. I don't want to do it for a living, but I want to try and make my drawings the best that I can.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, my art class is going to end soon. Pretty much we go to art class for 12 weeks and then we go to one of the other classes.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah just keep drawing as much as possible after your art class. the more you draw the better. And yes study from other artists, try to understand how and why their art works. making good art takes a lot of time, self discipline, frustration, and sacrifice. it's almost a masichistic process, but once it's all done and it looks solid and clean, you feel awesome.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte