Hacking How could I develop a 5.5.1 Kernel Exploit?

RealLatias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to start developing a kernel exploit for the latest firmware but am not sure where to get started. Anyone have any ideas where to start?

Reactions: Exavold

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to have 1337 reverse engineering/cracking skills as well some good programming experience, or else I think you'll just be attempting to shoot in the dark...

I have none of the above, only a few hacking skills :/

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to start developing a kernel exploit for the latest firmware but am not sure where to get started. Anyone have any ideas where to start?

Start by learning assembler/machine code. Then you will need to learn how to identify bugs in existing software that can be used for purposes that the author didn't intend.
You should probably also study all the existing WiiU kernel exploits and figure out how they work as you probably be able to leverage some of that knowledge, even if you can't directly use the kernel exploit.

That should give you enough to keep you busy for a few months at least. In that time you should also be able to determine whether it's something you can actually do or have the patience for. It's all about the journey, if all you're doing it for is because you have a WiiU with the latest firmware and you want free games then it's going to be a lot easier to just buy a WiiU with an older firmware. If instead of spending hundreds of hours hacking the WiiU you go out and work, then you will have the money to buy all the games that you will have time to play.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's all about the journey, if all you're doing it for is because you have a WiiU with the latest firmware and you want free games then it's going to be a lot easier to just buy a WiiU with an older firmware. If instead of spending hundreds of hours hacking the WiiU you go out and work, then you will have the money to buy all the games that you will have time to play.
Exactly, it's for passionate people and not some leeches. It takes far longer to make a hack than to just do some basic work and earn the money for all games :P

D

Deleted User

1. Create a new account on gbatemp.net
2. Navigate to the Wii U - Hacking and Homebrew forum
3. Click "Create New Thread"
4. Tell everyone that you created an exploit but you're not going to release it because:
a.) Theres an update soon and it will fix it so a release would be pointless
b.) Everyone else is already working on something
c.) You have morals

davevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
4. Tell everyone that you created an exploit but you're not going to release it because:
c.) You have morals
this. plus magic.

RealLatias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start by learning assembler/machine code. Then you will need to learn how to identify bugs in existing software that can be used for purposes that the author didn't intend.
You should probably also study all the existing WiiU kernel exploits and figure out how they work as you probably be able to leverage some of that knowledge, even if you can't directly use the kernel exploit.

That should give you enough to keep you busy for a few months at least. In that time you should also be able to determine whether it's something you can actually do or have the patience for. It's all about the journey, if all you're doing it for is because you have a WiiU with the latest firmware and you want free games then it's going to be a lot easier to just buy a WiiU with an older firmware. If instead of spending hundreds of hours hacking the WiiU you go out and work, then you will have the money to buy all the games that you will have time to play.
I'm not some leech, I love programming and am willing to be patient. Can you give any useful links to get started learning?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
c.) You have morals

^ this here , XD

good luck mate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.