Hacking How come there aren't any Rock Band 2/3 ocarina codes?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
How come there aren't any Rock Band 2 ocarina cheat codes? Is it hard to make any codes for that game? Or is it that no one is interested? Just saying, it'd be useful to have a code to allow more than one person to play the same instrument (for example, having two guitars playing the guitar track, instead of one playing guitar and the other the bass).

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. That would be one insanely difficult, perhaps impossible, change.

As for codes, it could be that the RB2/3 arks, where everything is stored, have some hashes on them. Whether or not that's a problem Idunno, but it seems likely.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had asked around on #RawkSD about otf patching for the on-disc songs using Riivolution and Aaron or tueidj has said that the arks are hashed, so you'd have to patch the main .dol to disable the hashing, then the patch would be pretty massive considering you'd have to replace the entire ark. Dunno what you'd be able to do with Ocarina... maybe some simple things like always 4x multiplier or something like that...

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Yeah, I had asked around on #RawkSD about otf patching for the on-disc songs using Riivolution and Aaron or tueidj has said that the arks are hashed, so you'd have to patch the main .dol to disable the hashing, then the patch would be pretty massive considering you'd have to replace the entire ark. Dunno what you'd be able to do with Ocarina... maybe some simple things like always 4x multiplier or something like that...

AFAIK the only codes for Rock Band 1 were infinite OD/always 4x.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Hmm, I see... there's no hope for an official patch either, right? Since there's this bug where drums+keys+two guitars can't play at the same time without enabling "All Instruments Mode", which means no online.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All Instruments Mode can be used online. I don't remember how but it can be.

EDIT: Please forgive me but I have been proven wrong. There is no AIM online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: