How come SX OS hasn't been updated yet?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by blackwhitexy, Dec 4, 2018.

1. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    A-freaking-men! I can't stand all the pissing and whining about the wait. There was somebody on this or another forum complaining that he bought a SX Pro as a Christmas gift for somebody, and TX better release the update before Christmas or the Switch "won't work". LOL REALLY? Gee, the Switch works just fine if you buy your games :D

2. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Besides i dont know about any installed game that hasnt allowed me to play it because it needs 6.2 ( i dont play online and im superban )

3. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I don't know what all the whine is about but everything still working peachy with sx-os 2.3 on 6.1 emunand. Just finished updating smash to latest with a modded nsp that lets you play on 6.1 There's even a modded nsp that lets you play on 5.1.
    So how about you all stop with the salt. lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited by comput3rus3r, Dec 7, 2018
  4. MeatieMeat

MeatieMeat GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Just a hope in the dark but I am dreaming of SX releasing the 6.2 update with a big new feature of being able to hack the patches new switches as well.
    Please Santa that's all I want for Xmas

matias3ds likes this.
  5. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    I think they are busy playing SSB online:)

Game_Over_Tom likes this.
  6. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    yeah I have a feeling they'll release an update for christmas eve. :)

7. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Maniac

May 28, 2015
    the only game i know of so far with 6.2 is gear club 2.... ive not tested the game myself but someone commented claiming it needs 6.2 update.

8. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    you get over or around a wall not out of one .

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you hack it he will come .(Old quote field of dreams)
    ITs very simple in the modding game you always , always stay one or two builds behind what is current . Cat and mouse game always was , always will be .

9. MHDestination

MHDestination GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Germany
    Under your bed
    Nope, it doesn't.

Even the 1.10 game update runs fine on 6.1.

10. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Maniac

May 28, 2015
    ahh cool ill boot it up then, i didnt boot it up after seeing the comment on the link to avoid the update message

11. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    check your files with xci explorer 1.4.4
    only sdk 5.5.0.0 files need 6.2
    and some game updates can work on older firmware using tinfoil to install "ignore firmware requirement"

Last edited by dsrules, Dec 7, 2018
  12. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    And also the update for smash ultimate ,, but i have already complete the story mode , so i dont really care :-)

13. TheFIrstAv3nger

TheFIrstAv3nger GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Michigan
    Well it technically requires 6.2 but can be patched to work on lower firmwares.

matias3ds likes this.
  14. Dinzy

Dinzy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2007
    United States
    What is wrong with you people? You act like customers' needs are meaningless and everyone should lock their consoles down to make sure they don't update. TX promised that their solution was future proof. He bought a product as a gift that as of now does not work. I did the same thing. For my nieces that are both kids and live 400 miles away. We both gave TX money on a promise that it will work. There is nothing in that expectation that is unreasonable. If they really take more than 25 days to fix this then we have every right to be upset. You are a moron if you think otherwise. I highly doubt that TX will not have a solution in time for Xmas. They are selling a product that could be gifted and or bought by people with gift money. It would be terrible business for them. I almost held off buying the thing. This will probably be their last surge in sales unless they manage to crack the security on the new unit. As such saying they better release it before Xmas is something that could be considered the voice of the customer, the voice of their retail partners and the voice of anyone with common business sense.

Whole lotta love likes this.
  15. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Buying a piracy software from a Chinese company and expect stellar customer server and fast updates.

If you want fast updates and working games you should buy them and support the developers. The 30 dollars is not even half the price of one game. Chill the hell out and wait or buy your damn games

16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    or smash through it

17. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    He said hit a wall not smash or go through it .

The size of some of the Xmas epeens in here . I only posted so i could get updates on the thread . Merry Xmas ya dirty pirate filthy animals .

Personally I have faith in TX . They got this . If it's not done till Xmas eve I would guess ipatched and 6.2 done at same time . Possibly less emunand for a while .

18. animex2k9

animex2k9 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    They actually glitched and ended up inside the wall and now can't get out of it.

19. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Someone should change the topic to "Why hasn't this thread been locked yet"?

Other than posts that request and receive help, the only important ones come from TX themselves, usually via @garyopa

matias3ds likes this.
  20. larrypretty

larrypretty GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    United States
    sh500pro is a Switch dock, do you think is it safe to use?