How come i can no longer play gamecube backups via the disc channel?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JJBro1, Mar 13, 2009.

1. JJBro1
    OP

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Everytime i put in a gcn backup and launch it my screen loses video with the wii for a second and then the wii resets itself. This happened before but only with legit games. I reinstalled softmii starting from the All Region Changer stage. I then disabled the gcn region free hack and the backups still don't work. Some games work over the backup launcher channel such as twilight princess but not metal gear. Please help is there a way i can get backups to work via the disc channel again? 3.2U btw.

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Gamecube games on the wii has always been tricky for me.... with a mod chip.

I'd suggest using MultiGame ISO Creator -> http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4594

to make an iso with multiple games on it, with regions patched and a GCOS launcher. It's your best bet of getting them to work. Using this, all my gamecube games work pain free.

3. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Out of curiosity this was the regionfree hack in preloader correct?

Also have you tried uninstalling cMIOS and seeing if a retail GCN game works then? Just run the cMIOS installer and choose regular install instead of custom. If that works alright, have you tried using Wiigator's cMIOS instead of wainiko's which comes with softmii?

4. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    At the moment the waninkoko CMIOS Is a little out of date. I advise the wiigator launcher for now.

5. JJBro1
    OP

United States
    i installed waninkoko's first and it gives me a green screen right before the game launches. I believe I was using wiigator's before and I forgot that's what i used. How do i uninstall waninkoko's cmios?

6. JJBro1
    OP

United States
    the region free hack in preloader is disabled. I just installed wiigator's cmios after uninstalling waninkoko's and still everytime i launch a backup gcn game the wii resets itself. I also noticed that a little bit after you launch it it stops reading the disc entirely.

7. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    What cIOS do you have?
    And theres also a region free gc hack for starfall, that disabled too?
    oh, and what games you want to play?

8. JJBro1
    OP

United States
    how do you find what cios you have? I have IOS249. If you mean the region free hack that is an option when you launch preloader i have that disabled. I want to play Zelda Twilight princess and metal gear twin snakes. It was working the other day and ever since i tried to region free new play control pikmin pal and run this englished patched new play controlled metroid prime the disk channel stopped reading gcn backups on the disc channel. Before I tried all of that it was working perfectly.

9. gotchaff

Newcomer gotchaff Member

United States
    In preloader and Starfall there is a patch that says GCN Video Fix/Patch, or something like that.

Remove that. I had the exact same problem and removing that fixed it.

10. JJBro1
    OP

United States
    I don't see that option in preloader, where is it? And how do i access starfall?