How come android is the only os where you have to pay for fucking emulators?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are many paid emulators on everything from the PC to really old mobile phones. Granted most of the time if you only want to play games on popular system you can do it for free.

I guess the real reason is because people are actually willing to pay for them, see also why IOS still keeps being developed for despite having a bit of a falling market share.

Reactions: raulpica

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I crack emulators. It's obvious they just want money. Dolphin is an awesome emulator and it's free.

Most emulators on google play are ports of FREEWARE emulators.
Do I pay for them? Hell no! I usually am against piracy, but they didn't deserve my money here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most emulators on google play are ports of FREEWARE emulators.
Do I pay for them? Hell no! I usually am against piracy, but they didn't deserve my money here.
Though there are ports of freeware emulators most would appear to be ports of open source emulators and that is OK if they comply with the licence.

Reactions: raulpica

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Though there are ports of freeware emulators most would appear to be ports of open source emulators and that is OK if they comply with the licence.
They are compliant that's why their authors can ask money. Snes9x EX wasn't and as soon as someone told the author that he put it as freeware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol