Android how come android is such a piece of shit?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am really getting sick of google developers and their bullshit
here is my dilema
i set up a lolipop tablet for a parent ,
i signed in with my google account primarily
then i added their account
but now the tablet will go only to my account on every single reboot and it does not even prompt for an account password
it does not prompt for a password even when you switch between users

is there no way to switch the primary account from mine to theirs? is there no way to change ehich account is the "owner account" ?
what kid of shit heads would design such an ass backward piece of shit?
you should be able switch the primary account for the device without having to restore it and delete everything

and you should be able to make it not reboot to the primary account on every reboot

and you should be able to make it prompt you for an account password when you switch between user accounts on the device

this is just common fucking sense , which none of these shitlord shit for brains sperglord google devs seem to have , it's no wonder google does not have any phone support
because all their products are such shit with such blatant and obvious oversights such as these that their pohne system would over melt down in the 1st minute

Reactions: yuyuyup

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this is just common fucking sense , which none of these shitlord shit for brains sperglord google devs seem to have , it's no wonder google does not have any phone support
because all their products are such shit with such blatant and obvious oversights such as these that their pohne system would over melt down in the 1st minute
What are you, the fucking Angry Video Game Nerd?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Reactions: migles

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let the hate flow through you....

Pretty sure you just need ohhh something like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme&hl=en

That took all of 10 seconds on Google... This thread probably took longer to create lol
ok but does this allow me to change which account is the primary user account without restoring and wiping the device?
will it prompt for google account passwords when i switch between users? will it make the device not reboot to the primary user profile on every reboot? the description does not say any of this
pretty much says it does the same thing as lolipop default
and why would such basic option not be available in the OS it is a huge oversight it's just like chrome you need a plugin to get even most basic features

Last edited by weatMod,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i am really getting sick of google developers and their bullshit
here is my dilema
i set up a lolipop tablet for a parent ,
i signed in with my google account primarily
then i added their account
but now the tablet will go only to my account on every single reboot and it does not even prompt for an account password
it does not prompt for a password even when you switch between users

is there no way to switch the primary account from mine to theirs? is there no way to change ehich account is the "owner account" ?
you should be able switch the primary account for the device without having to restore it and delete everything

and you should be able to make it not reboot to the primary account on every reboot

and you should be able to make it prompt you for an account password when you switch between user accounts on the device

You can change it in the Play Store settings, you can also set it to prompt for your password when making a purchase.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree with you, I also agree with OP. You shouldn't have to rely on a third party app to change something as simple as an account, especially when the account is tied to the entire OS.

Meh, on Android I customize so many things like the launcher UI the icons, the theme, customization is at the heart of Android. The freedom to do what you want with the right tools, is what makes it nice.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can change it in the Play Store settings, you can also set it to prompt for your password when making a purchase.
change what in the play store settings?
and i don't want it to prompt me for a password for Dl stuff from play store i want it to prompt me for password when switching users on the device
if it only prompts for password in the play store that does not solve the problem of not securing email and heads up notifications no does it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
change what in the play store settings?
and i don't want it to prompt me for a password for Dl stuff from play store i want it to prompt me for password when switching users on the device
if it only prompts for password in the play store that does not solve the problem of not securing email and heads up notifications no does it
You can change the active account in the Play Store settings.

So what you want to do is not keep the Google accounts separate, you want to keep everything separate.
That's a completely different issue, you should have been more specific about what you wanted.
It's supported in Lollipop, have a look here: http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-proper-multi-user-accounts-your-phone

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can change the active account in the Play Store settings.

So what you want to do is not keep the Google accounts separate, you want to keep everything separate.
That's a completely different issue, you should have been more specific about what you wanted.
It's supported in Lollipop, have a look here: http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-proper-multi-user-accounts-your-phone
that didn't tell me jack shit
and i was very clear about what it is i am trying to do, it is very simple
i want to change which account is the primary or "owner account" still no way to do this
or i want to have it prompt me for google account passwords when i switch between user accounts on the device ,it does not do this ,still no way to enable this

i want the tablet to boot to an account other than the primary account on rebooot if i can not change which account is the primary account then i should at least be able to make it boot to the last account the tablet was signed in under and make it prompt for a password when i switch between the accounts
none of this is possible this OS isa huge piece of shit with glaring oversights

Last edited by weatMod,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
that didn't tell me jack shit
and i was very clear about what it is i am trying to do, it is very simple
i want to change which account is the primary or "owner account" still no way to do this
or i want to have it prompt me for google account passwords when i switch between user accounts on the device ,it does not do this ,still no way to enable this

i want the tablet to boot to an account other than the primary account on rebooot if i can not change which account is the primary account then i should at least be able to make it boot to the last account the tablet was signed in under and make it prompt for a password when i switch between the accounts
none of this is possible this OS isa huge piece of shit with glaring oversights
It sounds to me like you want to keep all the app data, accounts etc on two separate users, as if it were two different devices. That link tells you how to do exactly that. It even tells you how to make the users password protected. Don't blame Google because you are too ignorant or dumb to understand that.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds to me like you want to keep all the app data, accounts etc on two separate users, as if it were two different devices. That link tells you how to do exactly that. It even tells you how to make the users password protected. Don't blame Google because you ar
e too ignorant or dumb to understand that.
no it does not tell you any of that it is just some short stitty little actice about a developers perview version of lolipop user accounts for PHONES(not tablets) that was 1st to add users accounts
it says NOTHING about how fucking shitty the whole system is or how it offers ZERO security and ZERO options,
it say nothing about how change which account is the owner account or primary account,
it says nothing about how to make it prompt for passwords when switching between user accounts on a device
it says nothign about how to prevent the device from rebooting into the primary account without even prompting for a password

google devs are absolute fucking morons , all other users have easy access to the primary account now because these fucking third wold shit heads can't deign shit properly
this is a fucking disgrace
all one has to do is reboot the tablet and they are back in the primary account with access to the primary accounts email and heads up notifications
conversely the primary account can switch to any other users account on the device and get access to email and heads up without being prompted for a password
what the fuck kind of bullshit is this?
whoever designed his should be shot in the face

it is just common fucking sense that you should be able to have a prompt for password when switching between user account logins , it is just common sence that if the tablet is logged in under another user account other than the primary account that it should not be as easy as rebooting to gain access to the primary accounts email and heads up notifications and everything else

and the primary account can not be changes that s the main problem
that absolutly ZERO fucking security on accounts

Last edited by weatMod,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
no it does not tell you any of that
google devs are absolute fucking morons , all other users have easy access to the primary account now because these fucking third wold shit heads can't deign shit properly
this is a fucking disgrace
all one has to do is reboot the tablet and they are back in the primary account with access to the primary accounts email and heads up notifications
conversely the primary account can switch to any other users account on the device and get access to email and heads up without being prompted for a password
what the fuck kind of bullshit is this?
whoever designed his should be shot in the face

it is just common fucking sense that you should be able to have a prompt for password when switching between user account logins , it is just common sence that if the tablet is logged in under another user account other than the primary account that it should not be as easy as rebooting to gain access to the primary accounts email and heads up notifications and everything else

and the primary account can not be changes that s the main problem
that absolutly ZERO fucking security on accounts
Okay be ignorant and don't listen to me then. I gave you the solution, it's not my problem if you choose not to listen.
I'll tell you one last thing and then you can do whatever you want. All you have to do is set a lock screen password on each user profile and you won't be able to switch users without a password and this is mentioned on the page I linked you to but you probably didn't even bother to read it did you?
I mean c'mon, it should be pretty self explanatory.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay be ignorant and don't listen to me then. I gave you the solution, it's not my problem if you choose not to listen.
I'll tell you one last thing and then you can do whatever you want. All you have to do is set a lock screen password on each user profile and you won't be able to switch users without a password and this is mentioned on the page I linked you to but you probably didn't even bother to read it did you?
I'm done.
ok did not read that part but that is still a really shitty solution and it still does not solve the problem of not being able to switch who the owner account is
i should not have to rely on lock screen passwords, i do not like or use them and i do not want to start
i just want to give this thing to my dad and have him not have access to my account
and he will get frustrated with a lock screen password as well, this is is still a fucking disgrace, it is a shitty solution
any 1st world developer would agree that there should be a simple google account password prompt when you switch between users on the device ,you should not be forced to have to use lock screen passwords , that just sucks
i do not want to have to use a lock screen password because it is annoying as fuck to have to enter a password every time it goes to sleep
no thanks
there should be a permissions setting for each user where the primary user can assign the owner or primary status to another google account registered on the device, it is so fucking simple yet google retard developers can't even think of the most basic shit ,just like they can not think of having a google account password prompt when you switch between user accounts on a device , this is just sloppy work , F-
it's like these fucking assholes do not even use their own shit before they send it out the door, it's like there is zero product testing at all

also if i set a lockscreen passwords for both users , but the tablet is still booting into the primary account on every reboot then it does not solve my problem

i give it to my dad, i sign it in under his account
he turns off the tablet, turns it back on
now it is rebooted to the primary acccount, my account and he needs to have my lock screen password to unlock it, then he has to switch to his account and use his lock screen password to unlock it agian, so it solves absolutely jack fucking shit
and makes the problem even worse

Last edited by weatMod,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ok did not read that part but that is still a really shitty solution and it still does not solve the problem of not being able to switch who the owner account is
i should not have to rely on lock screen passwords, i do not like or use them and i do not want to start
i just want to give this thing to my dad and have him not have access to my account
and he will get frustrated with a lock screen password as well, this is is still a fucking disgrace, it is a shitty solution
any 1st world developer would agree that there should be a simple google account password prompt when you switch between users on the device ,you should not be forced to have to use lock screen passwords , that just sucks
i do not want to have to use a lock screen password because it is annoying as fuck to have to enter a password every time it goes to sleep
no thanks
there should be a permissions setting for each user where the primary user can assign the owner or primary status to another google account registered on the device, it is so fucking simple yet google retard developers can't even think of the most basic shit ,just like they can not think of having a google account password prompt when you switch between user accounts on a device , this is just sloppy work , F-
it's like these fuckng assholes do not even use their won shit before they send it out the door, it's like there is zero product testing at all
The point of a lock screen password is so that others can't access your account. Isn't that what you want?
Otherwise what's stopping someone from using your account when you're not looking?
I think it's annoying too, but if you don't want others to access your account, that's the best way to go about it.
Your dad doesn't have to set up a lock screen password if he doesn't want to.

I'm sure they have thought of it already, they are not idiots like you seem to think. I'd like to see you create one of the most popular mobile OSes in existance.
It wouldn't make sense to have a google account password prompt on switching accounts, because the user profile is not your google account. You don't even need a google account linked to it. The user profile is above the google account in the hierarchy. It's simply having separate appdata folders for each user. That appdata might contain one or several Google accounts or it might not, or it might contain anything else you can imagine. It's like saying you want your Windows user account to require your Google account to switch accounts, it doesn't make sense, and it's hardly any more secure than having no password at all if it's only required upon switching accounts and is not required when the device wakes up from sleep mode.

If you don't like lock screen passwords, you can use one of the many other methods of identification. For example you can use a pattern lock. You can even use facial recognition if you want a simpler way to unlock your device. It's really not that bad. And like I said, only requiring the password on switching accounts would mean that anyone could use your account if the device was left in sleep mode after you used it. Which if you don't want other people accessing your account is not something you want.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of a lock screen password is so that others can't access your account. Isn't that what you want?
Otherwise what's stopping someone from using your account when you're not looking?
I think it's annoying too, but if you don't want others to access your account, that's the best way to go about it.
Your dad doesn't have to set up a lock screen password if he doesn't want to.

I'm sure they have thought of it already, they are not idiots like you seem to think. I'd like to see you create one of the most popular mobile OSes in existance.
It wouldn't make sense to have a google account password prompt on switching accounts, because the user profile is not your google account. You don't even need a google account linked to it. The user profile is above the google account in the hierarchy. It's simply having separate appdata folders for each user. That appdata might contain one or several Google accounts or it might not, or it might contain anything else you can imagine. It's like saying you want your Windows user account to require your Google account to switch accounts, it doesn't make sense, and it's hardly any more secure than having no password at all if it's only required upon switching accounts and is not required when the device wakes up from sleep mode.

If you don't like lock screen passwords, you can use one of the many other methods of identification. For example you can use a pattern lock. You can even use facial recognition if you want a simpler way to unlock your device. It's really not that bad. And like I said, only requiring the password on switching accounts would mean that anyone could use your account if the device was left in sleep mode after you used it. Which if you don't want other people accessing your account is not something you want.
you must work for google because none of what you said makes sense
how does it not make sense to require you to enter your google account password when you switch to that account on the device? you have to enter it one initially anyways, what is the problem with having to enter it again every time another user switches to their google account ont he device
and AFAIK this is exactly how it works with windows

what are you saying

and do you not see how you solution of lock screen passwords does not at all solve my dilema?
i want to give this tablet to someone else without wiping and restoring it
but my googel account is the primary account on the device

if i set a lock screen password and give it away the second they power off the tablet and turn it on again it will boot back to my account and they will still need my lock screen password to get in

what i need to do is change the primary owner account t another google account
there should be an option for them not having one is retarded just as retarded as not having an option of requiring a google account password
for switching between users on a device

when i log into my windows PC i get prompted for my password if i sign in as another user i get prompted for a password , 2 userd can easily share a device and i cann assign admin privileges to other users i think , not just primary user
aslo whe i reboot iget an option of which user i want to sign in as , it does not reboot to a specific user profile like this shit does

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Buy an iOS device to really see how good Android is....
yeah i know i fed up with them both actually ,i hate both of their account systems
and i have another set of headaches with my IOS devices, mainly that once they fill up you cant just delete shit and have it free up space
you have to back up and restore the device with itunes and manage cloud storage instead of just deleting a few large video files and having the space be immediately freed up
they both suck but for different reasons

the problems is that all devs are severe autists that know how to communicate with machines but with humans... not so much

and also these greedy bastard companies, (apple being the worse offender) waning to lock down all your data so that they can access it and you can't

the main difference between apple and google si that apple actually offers free phone support and google offers no support of any kinds, and apple has actual brick and mortar stores with genius bar support and google has nothing because they know their products are such shit , basically nothing but aplha versions of everything that they use their users as guinea pigs to test out
they know the complaints would be epic they know they could never handle the volume because their products are such shit

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...