How close are we to full immersion/deep dive VR?

shiba2666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Will it happen within our lifetime ( around 25 years)?

By using Elon Musk's Neuralink (Neural Lace 2039???) ,NerveGear, exo-skeletons, positional monitoring maybe?

And if we were to achieve this would anyone still want to live in the real world apart from people who are maintaining the system and certain religious groups?(or at least take breaks from full dive VR)

And is VR a replacement for reality? As in will it stop people from physically travelling and going outside?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I certainly hope so. I'm patiently waiting for the day when we can have tech like in Avatar or Ready Player One for playing games. I think we're a long way off from that though.

It certainly won't appeal to everyone, and while some will get addicted and simply avoid reality as much as possible I doubt the majority will.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're rich enough it's practically available now. All you need is an omni-directional treadmill, a haptic feedback vest, and motion-tracked gloves and shoes.

Making all this wireless and affordable for the average consumer is what will take quite some time. Tricking the brain into thinking that what you're looking at is truly real would require 16K resolution, as well. At the moment the best we've got is two 4K panels in the Pimax 8K, but the signal sent to it is still only 1440p. Modern GPUs aren't up to the task of rendering 4K VR yet.

NamaRawras

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it happen within our lifetime ( around 25 years)?

By using Elon Musk's Neuralink (Neural Lace 2039??) ,NerveGear, exo-skeletons, positional monitoring maybe?

And if we were to achieve this would anyone still want to live in the real world apart from people who are maintaining the system and certain religious groups?(or at least take breaks from full dive VR)

And is VR a replacement for reality? As in will it stop people from physically travelling and going outside?

You have asked the same question on 10 plus other forums. Are you drunk :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte