1. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Just another 2 cents to complete the truth.
    You wouldn't need to change the CartCert if it were your legit backup. The fact that you say you have to change it to be save shows that it is not your self made legal backup.
    Obviously in that case you most likely do not own the cart (from which you would want to dump the cert) in the first place... Making this a no solution for most users and just as bannable as NSP.
    Uh... EULA != Copyright. At the same time SXOS violates copyright (twice).

Thread question was answered ages ago btw.

SCOTT0852 likes this.
  2. theasker

OP theasker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Daaam what the hell happened to this thread?? I asked a simple question, I got an answer ages ago and people argues about who is right and wrong? :rofl2:

I honestly don't care about XCI/NSP files etc. What I did was to buy a SanDisk 400GB SD card when it was on sale and got all my games through JackInTheShop since they have .NSZ files that takes less space storage.

That was the most convenient way for me since I don't have to connect my console to PC every time I want to install a game.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    LordKurisu and Silent_Gunner like this.
  3. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know what the EULA is. And I don't care who breaks it. Or any other licensing That was the point. You are all pirates.

As far as your "legit backups don't need certs" statement, Stop trying to confuse the issue.. You are all pirates.

Thread is way off base. Still, a lot of BS here. Unchecked. And people are focusing on their Software Justice Warrior BS.. Fuck your politics and you butt hurt stolen code. SXOS is still superior. When Atmo can load a game DIRECTLY from USB. Then it might break even.

Until then SXOS shits on Atmosphere.

nWo likes this.
  4. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I could write dozens of essays on how that's completely untrue, but I don't have the time for that. This message is already long enough.
    The EULA isn't a law, you don't legally have to follow it. The worst they can do is ban you, unlike the consequences of violating the GPL...
    I'd love to know why my whole collection of games I've purchased legally from real stores and the eShop is illegal. I have no pirated games, so it's not like you're talking about those.
    I'm pretty sure they can still detect that the cert is with the wrong game...
    I haven't pirated any games. Breaking the EULA is not piracy.

5. mikefor20
    This message by mikefor20 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jan 29, 2020, Reason: Massive amount of anger.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  6. Silent_Gunner
    This message by Silent_Gunner has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jan 29, 2020, Reason: reply to deleted post.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  7. VampireOniX
    This message by VampireOniX has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:02 AM, Reason: Flaming.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  8. SCOTT0852
    This message by SCOTT0852 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jan 29, 2020, Reason: reply to deleted post.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  9. Lacius
    This message by Lacius has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:06 AM, Reason: Now irrelevant.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  10. mikefor20
    This message by mikefor20 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:06 AM, Reason: Flaming.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  11. Silent_Gunner
    This message by Silent_Gunner has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:07 AM, Reason: Post with no content.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  12. wartutor
    This message by wartutor has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:07 AM, Reason: Post with no content.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  13. VampireOniX
    This message by VampireOniX has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:07 AM, Reason: Flaming.
    Jan 27, 2020 Show
  14. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Title only, without reading the first actual post?

We've been able to "boot up without jig" since the console's release.

VampireOniX likes this.
  15. theasker

United States
    Here we go... So now it's your turn to be sarcastic huh?
    You know what I meant when I asked my question... If not, learn to read between the lines ;)

16. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I prefer "dry wit" over "sarcastic", personally, and I never did read your first post.

17. theasker

United States
    Then go ahead, read it.... What's stopping you?:creep::mellow::mellow:

mikefor20 likes this.
  18. mikefor20
    This message by mikefor20 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:08 AM, Reason: Flaming.
    Feb 1, 2020 Show
  19. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Fake New isn’t coldboot.
    Fusee gelee is though ;)
    We also have an untethered coldboot exploit, pk1ldrhax, but it’s not usable practically speaking

>it has no drawbacks
    Factually incorrect. A shit ton of the work I do would be a lot harder or outright impossible on SX.
    I don’t give a fuck about what you or anyone else uses, if you like SX or whatever and want to use it, great, do whatever you want. But saying one is “the best” or “has no drawback” is just wrong and ignorant.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    SCOTT0852 and VampireOniX like this.
  20. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    People have had an SX hate boner since it first came out

So its EMBARASSING to see that even years later people have yet to move on

smh

21. VampireOniX
    This message by VampireOniX has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:08 AM, Reason: Flaming.
    Feb 2, 2020 Show
  22. mikefor20

United States
    Fake News is an Un-tethered Warmboot...true. Still it's the only way to boot in to CFW with no jig and no machine to push a payload. Only publicly available method, Like I said. pk1ldrhax is not practical like you said. There is always the future...

As for your "It has no drawbacks" .. That was taken out of context, SX has no real drawbacks. You can boot in to Atmo if you like. With SXOS get all the cool stuff Atmo users are jealous of. If you like Atmo better for a specific task, fine. Do your thing there.

SXOS is still better. SX is still the most user friendly, completely functional all around CFW. USB loading is AWESOME and kicks any gripes you have in the balls..

Also,, in my posts, the thing I was saying verbatim "it has no drawbacks" was XCI.. because it doesn't. XCI works every which way. NSP is an inferior format. No advantage over XCI. I don't care that in order to use the XCI's ADVANTAGES you have to load it using a quasi legal CFW that costs $30 and contains stolen code from Ninty and Atmo. SXOS implemented the code better. XCI still has those advantages. NSP has no advantage.EXCEPT a SLIGHTLY smaller file size. But that doesn't matter much to people with 5TB external HDD..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 at 3:14 AM
  23. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    Thread has been cleaned up, for the most part. I don't want to do it again, so you guys play nice now.

24. mikefor20

United States
    *Snip*

Looks like there's one new method coming from team executor. The mod chips are happening! Yet another way that TX beat the competition! LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020 at 3:05 AM
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, without, switch