1. Vilagamer999

OP Vilagamer999 VIP+

Spain
    About 2.50€ here in Spain...

(edit: excluding brands, how much is a scoop?)

Last edited by Vilagamer999, Apr 16, 2021
    alexander1970 likes this.
  2. Flame

Flame Me > You

i mean you can get crap for £1 or some good stuff for £5

you scream i scream for ice cream.

aadz93 and AmandaRose like this.
  3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    like 2 dollars for crappy one and 6 dollars for like Häagen-Dazs

4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    It all depends on what you are buying. Are you buying a scoop of ice-cream? Are you buying a cone or a wafer or a nugget or a 99? Are you buying a tub of ice-cream?

5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    More expensive than cream and a lot more expensive than ice.

6. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    same, 2.5€ here in Italy, and you have up to 2 flavors to chose from, 3.5€ for 3.

It's the artisan-made from Ice cream shops, not the industrial crap you buy from supermarket.

7. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Yes but artisan ice-cream shops sell everything I listed above. That is why I am asking what we are quoting prices for? IE is it the price for a tub of Ice-cream? Is it for a scoop? And so on.

8. realtimesave

realtimesave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    they sell ice creams at the 99 cent only store here, so I'm assuming 99 cents.

9. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Typically ice cream quality is measured by air content, something otherwise known as overrun.
    This is to say if you were to let it melt where would it end up? Usually the best stuff will be at or about the level of the ice cream. The cheap and nasty stuff will tend to be a small puddle in the bottom of the tub as the rest was air (one of the cheapest ingredients there is).

covers some of it.
    https://www.taylor-company.co.uk/jargon-or-gibberish-overrun/ has another.

Right now my favourite ice cream is lidl's own brand gelatelli stuff. I rank it up there with eisman if people here are old enough to remember that, and that is not a comparison I make lightly as I spent years finding a replacement there.

One of the fancy ones is
    £1.79 each, 19.9p/100ml
    https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/desserts/gelatelli-ice-cream/p41548
    The slightly cheaper mainline ones (which are still delicious, and possibly my preference are cheaper still)
    Scoop size makes my head hurt but if it is necessary for a comparison
    https://www.quora.com/How-much-ice-cream-is-in-a-scoop?share=1

Others
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-...ws-1_m-ft_in-ice cream_ab-226-b_out-ice cream
    Some what cast themselves as fancy can be more than double that (though typically hover around 30p per 100ml and some utter dreck can be had for as low as 5p my 100ml.
    At time of writing £1 is 1.38 USD or 1.15 Euros.
    ice_cream.png

Of course I can also make my own and that is very nice and not a lot at all.

10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Not sure what amount you're getting for "2.50€" so it's hard to kind of compare, but around here you can get 1.5 quarts (which is like 2.5 pints or something along those lines) of "real" ice cream for about $3-4 depending on flavor, and then the cheapo "Frozen Dairy Treat" you can get for like $2 or so for the same amount depending on brand.

If you buy in higher bulk, you can actually get a gallon of the "real" ice cream for $6 here, which I've occasionally gotten that will last my wife and I like 3 weeks or so :lol:

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    How much ice cream?
    The cheapest are 2L tubs of neapolitan ice cream for about 33 NOK ($4/€3.30), that is made with proper cream, if you go any cheaper, there is vanilla ice cream made with milk and artificial vanilla flavoring, it's not very good but it's suitable for milkshakes that you are adding additional flavoring to anyway (like bananas or coffee)
    Other flavors of 2L tubs cost 50 NOK ($6/€5) and there are a few flavors, like krokan (caramelized sugar), pistachio, premium vanilla, and maybe chocolate.
    The 2L tubs are decent quality but they have more air whipped into them than the more expensive ones so you are getting less ice cream than it seems.
    Premium ice cream ranges between 65-80 NOK $7.80/€6.50-$9.50/€8 and the tubs are 0.9-1.2L. There are a lot more flavors in this price range including a really tasty chocolate and cookie dough one that I like buying.
    Pint sized tubs can be found, they are not as common though. Haagen-Dazs and Ben & Jerrys are priced around $10.50/€9 which is way too expensive for a pint of ice cream IMO. I never buy imported ice cream. But the locally made pints of ice cream are still overpriced at like $8.50/€7. I don't buy those either.
    Scoops of ice cream at ice cream shops I haven't bought in so long that I'm not sure what they cost now, but the ice cream sold by ice cream shops is not home made, it's mass produced like everything else, they just have a different selection of flavors, the quality is not necessarily higher.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 16, 2021
  12. alexander1970

Austria
    Cheap ?

For a really good Ice (made with Milk/Whippedcream/Eggyolk and Butter) you have to pay over 1 Euro (1.20 up to 1.50) per "Iceball" here in Austria in my Federal State in an Ice Cream Parlor.....

That "standard" Ice from the Discounters/Stores tastes awful (90% Water.....)

13. Seliph

Seliph Best Girl

United States
    At the ice cream place I work at a single scoop is equivalent to about $2.45 and we sell pints for $5.45

14. WiiMiiSwitch

WiiMiiSwitch Polls be dead. Rap for ya boi Wii Mii now

United States
    At a local dollar tree its a buck

15. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    Well on average it's ~$4.75 USD per half gallon (1.9l)

Baskin Robbins it's 2.19 USD(1.82 eur) for kids scoop
    Single scoop is 2.79 USD (2.32 eur), a double scoop is 3.99usd (3.31 eur)

Last edited by aadz93, Apr 19, 2021
  16. ValentinDerkovsky

Newcomer

United States
    In my country where I am now, ice cream is very cheap. Really good ice cream costs no more than $1.5.

17. Vilagamer999

OP Vilagamer999 VIP+

Spain
    Lucky, I’m jealous :rofl2:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - country, cheap, cream