BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have all see the atrocity CBS tries to pass off as a respectable show about making fun of nerds that arent really nerds. The show started off bad and has only gotten worse. So i think its time i offer my advice to the terrible writers of the show.

1. Cancel the show.
2. Kill off some of the characters.
3. Mix things up. Break the rules you have set for your show. Have Sheldon develop a love for Penny and create a love triange between penny, leonard, and sheldon. End the show with Sheldon and Penny gettig married.
4. Do a musical episode. Leonard can sing songs thanking penny for the sex, sheldons can be about knocking 3 times on peoples doors, Howard can sing about how its hard to love his mother and Burnie. Raj can sing sad songs about being alone.
5. Cancel the show. Seriously.

D

Deleted_171835

Confession time: While I've only caught glimpses of Big Bang Theory before, I actually started watching the show seriously while it was airing and I don't hate it. Sure some of the jokes are bad as are their references to "nerd culture" but I enjoyed watching it a fair bit. It gets a lot of unwarranted hate.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like the show.
I'm on season for and some of the episodes are really hilarious.
Don't know where is going from here but I wouldn't mind a couple of seasons more.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6. Remove the laugh track and go for anti-comedy so hard that even Neil Hamburger blushes.

Not to bang on the "This show robs geek culture!" shtick, but holy hell do I hate this show. At the end of the day, its problems go far beyond its "geek" pandering. The show always goes for the most shallow, obvious material available. Maybe it's fitting that a show about "nerds" hosts some of the lamest comedy out there (like this hysterical scene, because I guess it's still the 70s?). Add in the obnoxious studio audience (aka the show holding your hand and telling you when to laugh) and something already terrible becomes actively obnoxious.

TL;DR: This show is bad and its fans should feel pretty bad. Not like, suicidally bad or anything, but just bad enough that you reevaluate your viewing choices and perhaps give something else a shot.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
We have all see the atrocity CBS tries to pass off as a respectable show about making fun of nerds that arent really nerds. The show started off bad and has only gotten worse. So i think its time i offer my advice to the terrible writers of the show.

1. Cancel the show.
2. Kill off some of the characters.
3. Mix things up. Break the rules you have set for your show. Have Sheldon develop a love for Penny and create a love triange between penny, leonard, and sheldon. End the show with Sheldon and Penny gettig married.
4. Do a musical episode. Leonard can sing songs thanking penny for the sex, sheldons can be about knocking 3 times on peoples doors, Howard can sing about how its hard to love his mother and Burnie. Raj can sing sad songs about being alone.
5. Cancel the show. Seriously.

show is retard tho

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the movie is really gonna turn it around.

mWGCYfB.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
  1. Remove the laugh track.
  2. Writers are suddenly saddled with 20 extra minutes per episode to fill.
  3. They fail miserably and all commit honorable sudoku.
  4. Show producers are forced to hire actually competent writers.
  5. ???
  6. Profit.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
  5. ???
  6. Profit.

where the fuck have you been for so long... its like you haven't been here since the Big Bang... Bazooper!

Reactions: BortzANATOR
D

Deleted-236924

5. ???
  6. Profit.
Like because you said "commit sudoku."

Reactions: EZ-Megaman
D

Deleted_171835

6. Remove the laugh track and go for anti-comedy so hard that even Neil Hamburger blushes.

Take away the laugh track from any sitcom with one and you'll have a festival of awkward silences. While the show definitely isn't the Citizen Kane of sitcoms, I'd argue that it's still pretty enjoyable.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take away the laugh track from any sitcom with one and you'll have a festival of awkward silences.

The removal of the laugh track here serves to highlight the lack of any actual jokes or comedic material (unless something like, "Break out the red bull, it's time to rock Mario old school!" is your idea of a zinger, I suppose). If there was something worth laughing at, the viewer should laugh with or without the laugh track guiding them.

I mean, laugh tracks are shit in general, but a show can be good in spite of one (think of something like Seinfeld). It's painfully obvious that TBBT depends on the laugh track, using it as a crutch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/