How can you tell if your AceKard2i...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Parablank, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011
  1. Parablank
    OP

Member Parablank GBAtemp Regular

United States
    is pre-flashed 3DS 2.0?

I am asking because,

1. I don't want to brick or some how damage the cart or system.
    2. I don't have a DS Phat/DSL/DSi/DSiXL.

2. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Look at the website you ordered it from. Did it say "pre-flashed for 3DS" on the page? If not, then it's not pre-flashed.

3. sergster1

Member sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay there's no need for you to be so harsh. He honestly may not know. You were a novice once so dont hate on him.

Edit: The Cat pretty much got it in a nutshell

And another thing. m3rox Your logic makes no sense. If what you're saying is correct then i shouldnt be able to play DS games on my 3DS because it doesnt say "Works on 3DS"

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    1. If it's not flashed it won't damage the card.
    2. Check the site or ask if it's pre-flashed. If it's not, see if you can request a flash to the latest firmware. Some sites allow you to have it flashed before it's shipped.

5. m3rox

United States
    That wasn't harsh at all.

Also, you're an idiot. Your argument is so damn flawed it's laughable. I could sit here and flame you, but I'm not in the mood (my grandmother passed away this morning). So, have fun being so uneducated you can't even figure out what you are arguing about.

6. Tom

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    Quit yelling at him ,do you understand sarcasm?

parablank: You won't ruin anything if it isn't just patch it if it isn't

7. m3rox

United States
    I wasn't yelling at him, I was typing a message. There's a HUGE difference. Perhaps you'll learn that someday in the distant future.

8. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    1. even if you brick your acekard 2i, you'll be able to un-brick it by flashing it with the updater and another working flashcart. Your 3DS won't brick; that's just some rumor.
    2. Of course, you can ask your dealer to preflash it for you, but I'd recommend getting a DS phat/lite from somebody or buy one. DS phats are generally around ~$60 and lites recently dropped to ~$100 (although you can probably get a used one for a lower price). The reason I recommend buying one is because you'll probably need it when a new firmware that blocks flashcarts is released, which is obviously bound to happen again.

EDIT: also, you can tell if your cart is pre-flashed to work on 3DS 2.0.0-2 by it's icon. The icon will say acekard 2i when inserted into a DS phat or lite. I unfortunately don't know what the icon is for DSi or 3DS, as I don't have a DSi or 3DS. :/

Maybe somebody else can help you on identifying the icon?

9. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    Pre 3DS update = not working, 3DSv1 update is some weird ass DORASU! icon and 3DSv2(Newest) is Ubisofts' CHESSMASTER, all on the 3DS

10. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    believe me, you may brick your card with incorrect method, but you won't brick your 3DS console! by thw way, you can ask the reseller to do the pre-flash for you and also you can find some sites which already sell pre-flashed cards , just take a look here digitopz , it is one of them who sells pre-flashed!