Hacking How can you play 3DS roms on a 3DS without Homebrew ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

You probably forgot the fact that homebrew only works on the old versions of the 3DS. Homebrew doesn't work on the latest software. I'm not going to downgrade my 3DS just because all of you expect me to follow your orders. I don't have to follow anyone's orders especially not from random strangers who's only reason is to shitstorm me. This is to everyone:
Do yourself a favor, grow up, accept and respect people's choices, get a life and stop shitstorming others just because they don't follow your orders and don't do what you expect them to do
Umm. Hate to break it but homebrew works on the latest firmware on the 3ds... Not going to say much more.
and I'll just say this as well since no one bothers explain why it's practically impossible to brick the 3ds. Due to how nintendo properly implemented the rsa check for .firm files. A perfect signature that works for everyone is capable of being forged. So in other words, the only odds of bricking is some how the sd card is severely corrupted and like you removed the usb before the file was finished writing... Even then, (this is why I own a r4i gold rts for 3ds or I recommend r4i gold plus) in the extremely most unlikely situation of bricking. You could use magnethax or better named as ntrboothax. Which simply put, regardless of how Fed your system is, you can get it to load code and fix it. (due to the fact that the exploit we are using is actually built into the 3ds bootrom, which was actually intended for nintendo repair 3ds's. But due to the fact that we can forge signatures and the 3ds will think it's fine. It's a exploit.)

The most important thing is we are talking bootrom. You could delete your entire 3ds nand (don't recommend it) and still get it back into working shape. R4i gold plus has a ntrboothax switch. from there it's just a matter of placing a magnet in the correct place to fake the system lid being closed and using a button combination to get the system fixed.
Also no downgrading is required anymore. Pretty much the route is this
seedminer(dumps move.sed, this contains 3ds sd card crypto)
from there download steeldiver.
Use steeldiver hax (using mov.sed it will generate a payload save)
And then use frogtool. Which pretty much injects flip studio into ds download play (backup is made, non permanent)
from there install cfw.
You were likely thinking of when things were armloader9hax. Which did go through the Journey of downgrading (which abused a memory exploit when the 3ds booted. Pretty much 3ds loaded boot files but never cleared them from ram, even if it doesn't execute it.)
Now we use boostrap9. Which doesn't need any downgrading. No owning dsi games.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Pickle_Rick

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor, grow up, accept and respect people's choices, get a life and stop shitstorming others just because they don't follow your orders and don't do what you expect them to do
Victim complex, much? Nobody's ordering you to do anything. If you don't want advice, don't ask for it, and RTFM instead. The answers to your asinine questions have been common knowledge for years. It's not our fault that you demand instant gratification instead of educating yourself.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You've already asked this question in a different thread, @tw_fan:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-r4-flashcard-wont-play-3ds-games-but-why.533344/

You received the exact same answers *and* you were equally rude to users and staff. I will quote one of the responses:
What you want can't be done to your requirements.
There are only three ways you can run 3DS backups - by using a 3DS-only flashcart (Sky3DS+ or similar), by installing custom firmware (CFW), or a mix of both (Gateway and Gateway-likes, has fallen out of style nowadays). You will never be able to run 3DS ROMs on an R4 - they're not built for that. The *closest* thing to what you want to achieve would be Sky3DS+ since it requires no modification of the system, but it still carries the risk of getting banned if you don't have a private header to use in online play.

Asking the same question repeatedly and throwing tantrums when you don't get the answer you wanted isn't going to change things. These are your options, what you do with that information is up to you. Since the question was already answered and this thread is a duplicate of your previous thread, I'll be locking it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.