Hacking How can you play 3DS roms on a 3DS without Homebrew ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes relatively speaken but I'm not risking destroying my 3DS and risking of getting banned if I play online.
You're not playing ROMs on the 3DS then.

Sorry if this comes off as rude, it's a fact. The only flash carts that are capable of this are just as likely (if not more so) to get your console banned as CFW is.

You won't get banned unless you cheat online or play games before the release date.

I wish this were true. It's not. I would have never been banned if it were. I was, but using a LFCS_B to unban isn't difficult for the type of ban I received, fortunately.
However, I haven't seen any major ban wave against CFW users since the one that hit me, I think it was about 2 years ago by now.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once heard a user say that they'd never recommend buying any of these two. Apparently that user broke their device with one of these flashcards. I'd only buy an R4 card that could play 3DS games, because I'm already used to them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry but homebrew is too risky for me. I don't have to justify myself about this topic. As I already mentioned in my post, I'm against homebrew or any other sort of hacking my device. You can't force me to do something I don't agree with !

I don't get how illegally downloading and playing 3DS ROMs is worse than Homebrew, which is 100% legal.

But you're right that no one can force anything on you. However, if you want to play 3DS ROMs, you'll need to hack your device barring using a very crappy flashcard that will definitely get you banned.

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let's just say this.
CFW is 100% safe.
You won't get banned unless you cheat online or play games before the release date.
CFW is your only option (as flashcards are useless and expensive).
You probably forgot the fact that homebrew only works on the old versions of the 3DS. Homebrew doesn't work on the latest software. I'm not going to downgrade my 3DS just because all of you expect me to follow your orders. I don't have to follow anyone's orders especially not from random strangers who's only reason is to shitstorm me. This is to everyone:
Do yourself a favor, grow up, accept and respect people's choices, get a life and stop shitstorming others just because they don't follow your orders and don't do what you expect them to do

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You probably forgot the fact that homebrew only works on the old versions of the 3DS. Homebrew doesn't work on the latest software. I'm not going to downgrade my 3DS just because all of you expect me to follow your orders. I don't have to follow anyone's orders especially not from random strangers who's only reason is to shitstorm me. This is to everyone:
Do yourself a favor, grow up, accept and respect people's choices, get a life and stop shitstorming others just because they don't follow your orders and don't do what you expect them to do
You probably forgot that CFW works on every system (O3DS, O3DSXL, 2DS, N3DS, N3DSXL, N2DSXL).
You are asking for something that isn't possible and when people tell you that, your response is "I don't want that". Please, think and mostly read about it first.
Everyone is telling you that what you want is impossible without CFW (or expensive useless flashcards), but you don't want CFW. See the problem?
TLDR: If you are not going to follow our advice, you won't be able to achieve what you want. But that's kinda your problem.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You probably forgot that CFW works on every system (O3DS, O3DSXL, 2DS, N3DS, N3DSXL, N2DSXL).
You are asking for something that isn't possible and when people tell you that, your response is "I don't want that". Please, think and mostly read about it first.
TLDR: If you are not going to follow our advice, you won't be able to achieve what you want. But that's kinda your problem.
All of you got no right to manipulate people just so they'll follow your orders. Welcome to reality no one's obligated to do as you wish

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
All of you got no right to manipulate people just so they'll follow your orders. Welcome to reality no one's obligated to do as you wish
Ok. You are either a troll or an SJW "thing" (either way, you need help because this is not how to talk to people who are trying to help you).
NOBODY is forcing you Mr. SJW. We are just telling you what to do to achieve what you want. But you don't want that.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrew DOES work on the latest firmware

D

Deleted User

Wow, entitled much? You seem rather picky about the FREE advice you're getting. Your options to play games on your 3DS are homebrew, flashcart, or get a job so you have money to pay for games legally.
He does this on all of his threads ...

The only way to do this is with an expensive flash cart which will eventually get him banned

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all homebrew works fine on all versions of the 3DS and 2DS. Secondly no one is trying to force you to do anything. However it IS the only way to do what you are trying to do. We can't magic up a solution for you that doesn't exist. You either install CFW, Use one of the crappy and expensive 3DS flash carts or only play legitimately bought games. There are no other options.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Keep this behavior up and you will earn yourself a suspension. People try to help you, and you are only being rude back.

If you don't want CFW or Homebrew, then you won't be able to play games without buying them. That's just how it is.
(Or a flashcard, not an R4)

Last edited by Issac,

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing how you have your country set to Germany, I assume your currency uses the "€" symbol.

You could order a Sky3DS+ from nds-card.com for €78.99 ( plus shipping and handling)

That's your only option if you want to avoid homebrew (which like everyone else said is kinda odd that you have the stance considering if you're not a complete idiot there's no way you could screw up and brick your console (or get banned) unless you're trying to do it on purpose or completely disregard the instructions) and play 3DS game roms, it's expensive, inefficient, and it's practically a scam now-a-days with homebrew being as powerful as it is.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really trying to figure out if English isn't your first language or if you are some spoiled 12 year old with rich parents. Maybe both? Anyway, I used a Sky3ds for a while. It's a pain to cycle through games if you put more than a few on it. I quit using it after it lost my Bravely Default save data for the third time. Do whatever you want but using a Sky3ds is not a good experience.

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing how you have your country set to Germany, I assume your currency uses the "€" symbol.

You could order a Sky3DS+ from nds-card.com for €78.99 ( plus shipping and handling)

That's your only option if you want to avoid homebrew (which like everyone else said is kinda odd that you have the stance considering if you're not a complete idiot there's no way you could screw up and brick your console (or get banned) unless you're trying to do it on purpose or completely disregard the instructions) and play 3DS game roms, it's expensive, inefficient, and it's practically a scam now-a-days with homebrew being as powerful as it is.
Free shipping, and shipping from CN, yes?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except CFW works on Retail and Dev variants of every 3ds model (3ds, 3dsxl, 2ds, n3ds, n3dsxl, n2dsxl) on all firmware versions from 1.0.0 to the latest (which is 11.10.0 as of May 27th 2019)

Also the chances of you getting banned are basically 0% unless you poke at Nintys servers, cheat, or play games before their release date, and the chances of bricking are also extremely low (you’d practically have to go out of your way to brick it)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U and 3DS let you do as you please and not get banned unless you mod shit in online games like cheat in them.

Switch on the other hand would get you banned immediately without emunand.

Being afraid of homebrew is pointless but if you really refuse to use it then buy Sky3DS or buy your games those are all the options in the entire world choose wisely.

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prior to installing CFW on my 3DS I used the Sky3DS (blue button) for about a year followed by the Sky3DS+ (orange button) for another year or so. The original Sky3DS was not user-friendly, but the Sky3DS+ was far easier to use for just playing 3DS games (drag and drop to the SD card basically). As others have said repeatedly: besides hacking your system in a safe way through CFW, Sky3DS+ is one of the only options you'll have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol