How can you install cios and downgrade 4.0u firmware?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UKTone, Jun 24, 2009.

1. UKTone
    OP

Member UKTone GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you guys give links, as long as they're allowed on this site to things I would need because i can't tell sometimes if everything i would need is there or if i need something else with them?

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  3. UKTone
    OP

United States
    Tried, but step 5 and 6 wouldn't work, how can i take a screen shot of the tv/wii screen? It wouldn't be the regular bannerbomb menu where you would install the homebrew channel, it would have white, yellow and red text and say loadmii in the bottom right of the screen..... should it be like that?

After I choose CMDVDX35 or WAD-Manager_v1.4 it stays on the screen and at the bottom it says css..... (just one word, can't remember it though) and under that in red to disconnect all expansion...... and I won't be able to do anything but force my wii off and only when the wiimote shuts off on it's own is when it will go to the screen that says I see that you are a pirate..... bye and by hitting the home button it starts me back at the begginning where i chose sd.

How do I get past this part? I tried NandClean with it, but the pirate msg still came up and i am not sure if i used it right or not, i even deleted all the channels i could (only the six regular channels are on it and i can get homebrew back but have to empty my sd back out.)

4. nabster92

United States
    Umm...I'm not quite sure about that. Did you have any kind of .wads on your SD card when/if you installed dvdx on your wii? I remember reading somewhere something about having to delete dvdx's "gift" or something to get rid of that

5. UKTone
    OP

United States
    Yes the ones that came from the prepare bat. and i don't know what the dvdx gift is. I installed homebrew and dvdx with the regular bannerbomb and i deleted the homebrew channel because the offline method wasn't working with it on there.

I have to check my sd for this dvdx gift.

6. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    funny, i have that problem.

i'm softmodding my dads friends wii and it's never had any form of homebrew on it at all, yet it gives me the 'you are a pirate... bye' message...

to work around it, i used wad manager to install IOS16, then used wad manager using IOS16 to install cIOS.

but the wii i'm doing is on 3.4, and i'm not sure if 4.0 has a fixed IOS16 in it...

you could always try it and see.

7. nabster92

United States
    I think the gift thing is something that dvdx installs on your Wii that basically causes that you are a pirate message, and has to be removed from the Wii through NANDclean, choosing to delete "dvdx 3.4's gift" I think.

Taken from another guide:

"If it says that "you're a pirate" delete also all your VC/WiiWare pirated channels (with AnyTitle Deleter or WAD Manager), execute NandClean.dol, choose to delete "dvdx 3.4's gift" and try again"

8. UKTone
    OP

United States
    OMG i am so dumb, i forgot to put in the installer.elf from the hackmii installer then change it to boot.elf http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ and then here http://bootmii.org/ and here http://bootmii.org/download , so now it goes straight to the pirate msg after choosing cmdvdx, but now i just have to put the nandclean back on there and i should be ok right, but how do i put it on there? What goes on the root of the sd card and what goes in apps and etc.

Do I rename anything, and what do i do with the makefile?

9. nabster92

United States
    Umm I don't think you should have to do anything involving makefile. That's stuff to do with the source code and what not. You just need to get a .dol and...wait why were you running steps 5 and 6? If you ran bannerbomb with the hackmii installer already to install the HBC you're just supposed to skip 4-8 from the guide and do steps A-B instead.

Once you have the homebrew channel you should never have to run bannerbomb again. If you have the homebrew channel, (if not just run that hackmii installer and install it) just put any app you need to run in the apps folder on the root of your card in it's own folder containing the boot.dol of the app and optionally a meta.xml and icon.png that goes with it to make it show up cleanly on the HBC. (Ex. E:\apps\wad manager\boot.dol with E: being the SD cards root.) Also get rid of the bannerbomb files from your sd card (in the private folder on the sd card) after you have the HBC or it will cause your sd card menu to freeze whenever you try to use it.

As long as you have the HBC already nothing needs to be on the root but folders pretty much. put all .wad files in the "WAD" folder and all boot.dol's in their own folder within the "apps" folder.