Gaming How can you get banned on XBOX live?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I have a flashed XBOX 360 and I want to buy and play some of the XBOX live arcade games, will they check my firmware and ban me? Or is the check only done when you try and go online with a burned copy of a retail game?

Thanks.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I think at this time there is absolutely no accurate explanation as to how you get banned.

If you try connecting to XBLive now, you might already be banned... even if you've never used XBLive before

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SlyGuy said:
If I have a flashed XBOX 360 and I want to buy and play some of the XBOX live arcade games, will they check my firmware and ban me? Or is the check only done when you try and go online with a burned copy of a retail game?

Thanks.

I go on Live all the time with my flashed 360 ... I have bought many a Live Arcade game, and play on Live with copied games too
smile.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
usually people get banned by playing games with bad security files, i backup my games since sometimes i stop playing, the disc never gets put away and ends up as a coaster after i step and slip on it... anyhow i've purchased arcades and game contents and seems fine.

best thing to do is check all your games with xdvd mulleter and not play suspected bad ss/burns, also make your own backups to be safe.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bob Evil said:
SlyGuy said:

Thanks.

I go on Live all the time with my flashed 360 ... I have bought many a Live Arcade game, and play on Live with copied games too
smile.gif

Me too. What is your firmware first of all?

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
science said:
Bob Evil said:
SlyGuy said:

Thanks.

smile.gif

the latest ixtreme ...

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One way is by violating the terms of service. Or by doing something stupid like for example downloading and playing gta4 before it was released anywhere.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gekiwolf said:
Or by doing something stupid like for example downloading and playing gta4 before it was released anywhere.

Way to know nothing ... you cannot get banned for something like that, as they have no way of knowing who is supposed to have it early and who isn't ...

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
gekiwolf said:
Or by doing something stupid like for example downloading and playing gta4 before it was released anywhere.

Way to know nothing ... you cannot get banned for something like that, as they have no way of knowing who is supposed to have it early and who isn't ...

Why not?

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gekiwolf said:
Bob Evil said:
gekiwolf said:

Why not?

Right ...

Shop owners and managers would be taking copies home, as well as letting some employees take them early, too ... these are legitimate copies sold internally, or even simply loaned ... the ycannot block these ... plus, how would they have everyone's gamertags?

Then you have reviewers ... of all types ... from big magazines and sites, down to little indie sites ... their copies are legit, too ...

Then, you have indie shops who sell games as soon as they get them ... they cannot block them either ... you cannot ban someone playing a legitimate game, who just happens to have struck lucky and found a place selling it ...

No games company would be able to supply a comprehensive list of gamertags, showing who is allowed to have the game already to Microsoft ... plus, Microsoft would have to have a whole tream devoted to catching early players ...

I could go on in more depth ... but this has been covered so, so often ... on many sites ...

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"I could go on in more depth ... but this has been covered so, so often ... on many sites ..."

Oh, didnt know that. I dont visit many sites so thanks for the answer.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gekiwolf said:
"I could go on in more depth ... but this has been covered so, so often ... on many sites ..."

No worries ... I only just spotted you were new after I posted the first time ... so sorry for being so abrasive at first
smile.gif

Welcome to the site
smile.gif

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
gekiwolf said:

No worries ... I only just spotted you were new after I posted the first time ... so sorry for being so abrasive at first
smile.gif

Welcome to the site
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome...now which flash card do I buy??
yaynds.gif
just kidding

Back on topic (kinda). I know a few people that flashed their 360 and got banned. After that they bought a new core, swapped the insides and returned the console with the banned hardware. They did not get any complaints or suspicions from the store.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that's not a really nice thing to do.

anyway i use latest ixtreme + check all files i burn with xdvdmulleter.
not banned, but you never know what new checks ms will build in the next update
tongue.gif

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And once you're banned, it's permanent, right? Or is there a timeframe afterwhich you can get back online?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
Bob Evil said:
SlyGuy said:

Thanks.

smile.gif

I actually meant whats the OPs firmware lol

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
science said:
Bob Evil said:
SlyGuy said:

Thanks.

smile.gif

I actually meant whats the OPs firmware lol

I don't have my 360 yet. I'm just doing the research first!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup