How can nintendo make the wii better?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by adgloride, Apr 5, 2007.

Apr 5, 2007
  1. adgloride
    OP

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Just posting my suggestions how nintendo could or could have made the wii better.

Cheaper VC games, at the moment the prices are just overpriced and silly. I would have liked to see some Nintendo Japanese games released outside Japan.

When nintendo made the wii, if they'd give it a more powerful processor it could have done the H264 movie format. The wii could still play a lot of other formats, but nintendo could have competed with the apple TV.

2. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    first of all, they should make online-gaming enjoyable...it's ridiculous that the Wii will have the same shitty online mode the DS has, with friendscodes and random matchmaking...everyone hates it, except for maybe those christian moms who believe pedos could talk to their kids in onlinegames [​IMG]

then they should put some more effort into making games...there's only like 3 Nintendo games worth waiting for (Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl), which are being delayed for all eternity...until then, all we get are some 3rd class party-games like Mario Party 8 and Mario Strikers Charged...

I also think the games are totally overpriced...all those shitty low-budget PS2 ports are just as expensive as high-budget games like Gears of War

finally, they should start making use of the Wiimote's real power, instead of modifying old control schemes to work on the Wii (like they did with Zelda:TP)

to sum it up, they should stop to disappoint gamers in every way possible [​IMG]

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Cheaper VC games definitely, but it seems most people are happy paying the prices. Perhaps a deal like buy two get one free sort of thing.

Some things I'd like to see:
    Classic Controller that is wireless and does not require the Wii-mote.
    A hardrive.
    Maybe a range of official NES/SNES/N64/etc wireless pads.
    Japanese only games finally getting English releases.
    GB/GBC/GBA/NGPC/Lynx/GG channel that not only lets you play them on the Wii but transfer them onto DS
    VC games with some extra options, unreleased levels, better visual options, online for some multiplayer games and so on. How about a version of Mario Kart SNES that gives you an option of playing without the map in single player? How about multiplayer in F-Zero?

If the prices of VC games are to be the same then some extras would be appreciated.

Pretty much pleased with what the Wii offers, its still early days yet but some revision in the VC area and less waiting for PAL version of games would be nice.

4. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    1) Greatest Hits type priced Virtual Console games for older releases.
    2) Get a real online system. I could have lived with a unified friend code, but a different one for every blasted game again? WHY?
    3) Lower the ridiculous write times to the SD card slot. It should not take 15 minutes to copy a 1 MB virtual console game to it.
    4) Get real CD label art. Why does Nintendo insist on 1 color crappy art on the labels. Why can't we have pretty labels like PS2 does?
    5) A classic controller that doesn't have to have a lifeless wii-mote dangling from it.

5. cheesyPOOF5

Member cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They're online gaming system is complete crap. You're supposed to be able to meet new people online, not just play with you're friends.

6. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    defiently ditch the friend code stuff...it would make online gaming alot easier...i hate playing tetris on the ds with people on msn because im like "wanna play tetris....whats your friend code...mines....nevermind, i cant be bothered"

I wish its online play could be like the 360's....I cant w8 to get my 360 just due to way they handle online play.

7. rice151

Member rice151 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Adopt XBOX Live.

8. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I would like an HDMI output !

9. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can make your own wii better. Here's the instructions:

#1. Get TWO Wii's.
    #2. Duct tape them together

Viola!

10. Lacrimosa

Member Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I would be happy with 2-3 adventure games. I mean serious adventures, not those shit we get the last 5-6 years that require no thinking. [​IMG] (who remembers Phantasmagoria, Cydonia or Gabriel Knight? [​IMG] )

Apart from the games, I imagine that Wii would be better with online gaming and more memory for the save files and virtual console games.

11. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    they're working on external storage for the wii [​IMG]

12. Lacrimosa

Member Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I know and that's horrible (IMO of course). They could have predict that earlier...

13. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Regulating the Wii price on Mexico, 450 bucks? CĀ“mon!

14. htoxad

Member htoxad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They are definitely working on bringing translated Japanese games to the Virtual Console.
    Or else they offered people jobs to do just that as a cruel joke. (The pay was pretty crappy so maybe it was...)

I'd love a DS Demo Channel.

15. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Interesting.. any names you want to share?

16. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I don't have a wii but they should eventually lower the price.

17. htoxad

Member htoxad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    One of the Fire Emblem games for the SNES.

Off hand, I can't think of a lot of text heavy Nintendo titles that never made the jump other than the FE series and Mother.
    I'd love to see Marvelous, Eiji Aonuma's first game, localized.

18. joesmokey

Newcomer joesmokey Member

United States
    That would be awesome.
    I'd like to see (when the system eventually gets online with gaming) a revamped way of handling friends list. That is, having the ability to add friends via name as a Wii Channel, and letting games grab that list so you don't have to add it for each game.

19. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If they were really smart. Like had a good idea of how to grow this "untapped gaming market" they'd bill the Wii as not just a gaming console but as a fully integrated internet appliance for the average person. The news and weather channels are a great start, not to mention the photo channel. You throw better mail support in there, some messaging capabilities (with parental features and controls ofcourse) and maybe tweak the basic video playback capabilities and you might just have something of a contender with the way the XBOX is going. Nowhere near as polished, but usable and for less money. A pointer is already far more intuitive then a controller, for old and young alike.

20. Da Foxx

Member Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    How cheap can you be? In my opinion the price is just right for console.

In my opinion so far, they just need to do better with the Wiimote.