Homebrew Discussion How can Nintendo be so stupid

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so most of us can agree that Nintendo can make phenomenal games, but in nearly every other aspect, they suck. This time, I'm talking specifically about online and their NES app.

I refreshed CDNSP this morning, checking if Scribblenauts Megapack was up yet. It still isn't (hint hint), but there was the NES online app. My first thought was, "This is a standalone app?" and my second was "there's no way this will work on my banned Switch." I downloaded it anyway to see how it would repsond to a banned switch. I booted it up and to my surprise, it worked flawlessly. The only legitimate reason to actually buy this service works flawlessly even when pirated. First of all, they could have easily put in a check at launch to prevent this and secondly, now I'm sure we could easily replace or even add games with LayeredFS.

In conclusion, Nintendo is boneheaded but I'm not complaining.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your switch 6.0 and if not, now I’m thinking I’m going to get this just for the heck of it, I’ll download this. Based on your post, your banned already and you don’t need to go online to use this.
I actually am not on 6.0.0. I don't know if that changes things

Reactions: fst312

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually am not on 6.0.0. I don't know if that changes things
I don’t know either because I’m still on 5.1 and I want to stay there because I’m hoping whenever that 4.1 hack comes out, the 5.1 firmware can still use it. I think by the time that happens needing to use a jig will be a thing of the past.
Thank you for your reply, now I can definitely get this for the heck of it.

ivanmark52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NES app works on 5.10 fine. I played SMB3 no problems.
I am intrested to know what idiot thought mapping controls on same leters is smart idea.

Reactions: NoNAND

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should be mentioned: You need to have an linked Nintendo account to your local profile.
Otherwise you can't start the emulator.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Even though the online service got pushed back it still feels rushed and unfinished
Nintendo have had years (since the Wii days) and they still have been unable to release a quality online service. Don't expect much from Switch Online, either. What you see is what you get.

Downloaded today a batch of retro console roms from a torrent website so that'll do for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended