Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this already has been done, but someone needed to say something.

We all know that PS3 and XBox 360 are a couple generations ahead of Wii. In the event that Nintendo releases the new Wii 2 at the beginning of 2010 like rumored, what would you like to see in this new console? How can we make Wii better than its competitors? We all love Mario and most likely, the main reason we bought a Wii is because Mario games are exclusive to Wii. I completely regret buying a Wii BUT I will buy this so called "Wii 2" if it matches or exceeds its competitors. The new gen Wii 2 could have the following features:

- WAYYYYY Better Video Card (we NEED (not want) HARDCORE graphics that meets or exceeds the PS3/360)
- A hard drive (no more of this "blocks" crap, we want GIGABYTES.)
- An Ethernet port BUILT-IN (no Wii Lan Adapter for $20 crap...)
- Perhaps more RAM to accommodate this new hardware
- Blu-Ray & DVD Support (without hacks....)(maybe even create a database where Wii 2 can scan the Disc, find a Boxart/Channel Image and display it like it does for games)
- Redesign the WiiMote. Have the Motion+ BUILT-IN. The less accessories the better.
- Instead a Wii Speak Mic, try a headset that would plug into the Nunchuck port on the WiiMote (like 360 does for its mics)
- 1080p component cable (don't give some 480i crap...)
- BETTER Internet Browser (the one is adequate but it can be better)
- Add speech involvement to games (so we can talk MORE EASILY during casual games like Mario Kart or hardcore like The Conduit, Dead Space Extraction, ect)
- A remote for hardcore games that doesn't involve movement for ALL GAMES. (Classic Controller Pro I believe is on its way to the US soon.... not sure...)
- Make Nintendo Servers FASTER.
- NO MORE FRIEND CODES. (WHO WANTS TO EXCHANGE A 16 DIGIT CODE TO A FRIEND?)(let us use our Nintendo Accounts used on ClubNintendo for gaming too!)
- Sign with game designers that have GOOD IDEAS. (Wii has the WORST selection of games TO DATE.)(To do this, the console has to be able to handle it so, fix the console first)

Finally sell the Wii 2 for under $300(: (come on, America is in an economical crisis...)

These are a lot of features that the current Wii is missing and the new one COULD have but most likely will not. Submit your thoughts and if you can't think of any, try being specific on my own thoughts or others here on GBATemp. Such as WHICH video card, HOW MUCH RAM should be added, and whether or not Wii 2 should have different versions like PS3 has. (different HD capacity) Hell, if you can think of a better name than "Wii 2", submit it.

I will edit this thread and add good ideas that I missed to this list. Of course this is one of those "dream" threads so if it gets closed, I'll understand.

Don't even get me started on how Nintendo screwed up the DSi...

~ Jon

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why? is the wii not better than PS3 or xbox360 gaming point of view? how many people worldwide own a wii compared to PS3 or xbox360? how many people enjoy playing or hacking their wii console. just look at the boards here at gbatemp and see your answer. the wii forums are flooding with discussions both hacking and gaming tips.

i could say my wii has greater feature now compared to any PS3 or xbox360. graphics wise the wii is left behind but this is less of an issue. if graphics is an issue then why is the wii very appealing to the public?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
- Better graphics, on par with 360 would be awesome.
- Would love to be able to emulate PS2, but that will probably be too hard.
- Better online gaming support, more games online. I want lobbies and more speech.
- Harddrive with around 20 GB of space, where you can put on downloadable content for games and WiiWare/VC games
- Full backwards compatibility with Wii
- Easy hackable
tongue.gif

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
- Better graphics, on par with 360 would be awesome.
- Better online gaming support, more games online. I want lobbies and more speech.
- Harddrive with around 20 GB of space, where you can put on downloadable content for games and WiiWare/VC games
- Full backwards compatibility with Wii
- Easy hackable
tongue.gif

epic win!

Imagine the possibilities...
smileipb2.png

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
So you want everything upgraded for a cheap price? You do know how the gaming industry works don't you?
They sell the consoles at a loss and recoup their cost in the sale of games. Some people here might remember the old days of gaming, where the console would cost you an arm and a leg, but the games were totally cheap, well, that has reversed, not the consoles are cheap (as in cheaper to buy than to make) and the games are way expensive. Now I know that a lot of people here have no intention of actually BUYING games, so I wont go into that aspect, but needless to say, most people here are getting way cheap gaming out of it. And you want it cheaper?!

You want high-end hardware at low-end cost, do you expect Nintendo to sell the Wii2 at an even greater loss? Blueray drives are very expensive, hard drives are very expensive, high end gfx are expensive, most of the things you want are EXPENSIVE. You want better on-line service, well, in order for the servers to provide you with more/better stuff, it will cost more. Nintendo have given us FREE online gameplay, at a cost, it's perhaps not as good as 360 etc. but if you want more, you'll likely have to PAY FOR IT. You talk about America being in economic trouble, well buddy, most of the world is, including those people that make your consoles and games, they may not feel it as much, but they do feel it. They need to make things cheaper for the prices to drop, not more expensive. They don't just have the console build cost to think about, they have tens of thousands of wages to pay, factories to keep running AND a profit to make (why else would they do it after all).

Stop being so cheap, Nintendo will release whatever they feel like releasing, if you like the look of it, buy it, if not, don't.

[edit]The only thing I want, is for Nintendo to force REAL control systems in the games, I'm tired of waving my arms about like a fool when the games play better with the A-stick and a couple of buttons.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satangel said:
Why would ninty make a PS2 emulator? Or do you mean that it must have enough power to emulate it?

QUOTE(Satangel @ Nov 21 2009, 01:13 PM) - Easy hackable
tongue.gif
Maybe something like PS3: You can use homebrew, just not for piracy
But of course the piracy protection can be made easy to hack
tongue.gif

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What's up with all these rumours about a Wii2? Has anyone ever told us it was coming out? I don't think so, and why would Nintendo shoot themselves in the foot with it? The Wii still sells like hot sandwiches, a new one would only harm them
rolleyes.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kkolko said:
What's up with all these rumours about a Wii2? Has anyone ever told us it was coming out? I don't think so, and why would Nintendo shoot themselves in the foot with it? The Wii still sells like hot sandwiches, a new one would only harm them
rolleyes.gif
Its not because there are only rumours that you can't talk about it
wink.gif

The most interesting for me would be:
- DVD player (or blu-ray
biggrin.gif
)
- Custom button mapping (let us choose the button config)
- More colors for the system itself
- More customization of the Main menu screen thing
- Multiple accounts with own settings
- Plugin system (easily add new functions)
- Better graphics (doesn't need to be that much better, but at least X360 quality)
- Proper VC/WW system
- Achievement system (Completing parts of games actually gives something in return)
- expansion port on the system for hardware expansions (not only a hard drive)
- Cheaper controllers
tongue.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
Satangel said:
Why would ninty make a PS2 emulator? Or do you mean that it must have enough power to emulate it?

Satangel said:
- Easy hackable
tongue.gif

Maybe something like PS3: You can use homebrew, just not for piracy
But of course the piracy protection can be made easy to hack
tongue.gif

Yeah, it should have the power to emulate that.

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Nov 21 2009, 02:24 PM) QUOTE(Kkolko @ Nov 21 2009, 02:00 PM)
rolleyes.gif
Its not because there are only rumours that you can't talk about it
wink.gif

The most interesting for me would be:
- DVD player (or blu-ray
biggrin.gif
)
- Custom button mapping (let us choose the button config)
- More colors for the system itself
- More customization of the Main menu screen thing
- Multiple accounts with own settings
- Plugin system (easily add new functions)
- Better graphics (doesn't need to be that much better, but at least X360 quality)
- Proper VC/WW system
- Achievement system (Completing parts of games actually gives something in return)
- expansion port on the system for hardware expansions (not only a hard drive)
- Cheaper controllers
tongue.gif

Nice ideas, there should be more customization of the Main Menu and also an Achievement system.
DVD player will of course be a must too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- One controller for all. I think it's retarded to crack out the Gamecube controllers or buy a Wii Classic Controller to play certain games. Make the next Wiimote/Nunchuck combo be usable for everything.
- Built in WM+ or something better. Having all next gen Wii games use 1:1 controls would be amazing. There would of course be options in-game to adjust sensitivity or disable WM+ entirely.
- HD compatible. If the PS3 can go down to $300, I'm sure the next Wii can do the same, even if it isn't "full featured". Maybe sell a pricier, full featured version and a PS3 Slim-esque cheaper one.
- Voice chat! There's only a handful of games that use it now, mainly because the WiiSpeak is a terrible voice chat peripheral. Pack in a headset or something. If parents want to cry about child molesters trying to kidnap their kids on the Wii, then don't implement it in E rated games. Games like Call of Duty and The Conduit shouldn't suffer.
- Play DVD's! I mean come fucking on Nintendo, what year is this? The Wii couldn't even play music like the PS1! I don't give two shits about Bluray compatibility, but I want to watch movies without having to mod my Wii.
- Friend Codes are optional! Basically, parental settings will allow parents to have a Friend Code activated or not. If it's activated, people who want to be friends with that friend need to enter their Friend Code. It helps stop total strangers trying to pick up kids. Otherwise, both of you just need to add each other.
- Bring the old VC/WiiWare library to the next Wii, and maybe add Gamecube or Dreamcast titles to the VC? Not a whole lot of titles, maybe just Wind Waker, SMS, etc and Sonic Adventure 1/2 and Unreal Tournament.

That's just me.

SuneC

Trophies
XP
Country
Kkolko said:
rolleyes.gif

I love the way you talk about stuff that you know absolutely nothing about. Has anyone confirmed anything? No, but it's not just rumours some nerd made up and spread around the internet. http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=37744
As you can read, the info allegedly came from a marketing employee from Nintendo in France.

And no, Wii is not still selling like hot sandwiches. During the last year the sales have dropped more than 50%. It's obvious to see for everyone with a little sense of economics, even Nintendo, that the market has been filled, and the sales of the console itself will only drop from here, and drop fast. That is why Ninty is making price reductions and making the black edition. To milk the last drops out of the market. Now of course I don't mean the Wii is dead in six months, there will still be millions of Wii owners out there buying games and accessories. But new console sales will keep dropping and be reduced to a minimum.

Now, do I actually believe Nintendo has a new Wii 2 coming in the beginning of 2010? No, definitely not. With the Wii they have struck a blue ocean market, and captured a whole new segment of the console users. If they kick up the specs on a new console right now, they will be competing directly with the already established PS3 and 360, and even with the Wiimote and their unique controlling, they will not do well on this market. Especially at the moment with the economic recession all over the world.

That being said, god I hope I'm wrong
smile.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if its mentioned, but definitely better hardware - i.e. processor - so that it reduces loading time and can support more multiplayer games.

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Not sure if its mentioned, but definitely better hardware - i.e. processor - so that it reduces loading time and can support more multiplayer games.
This I would support, we don't really need better graphics but faster loading games would be interesting
smile.gif

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
What I would like to see:

- A better GPU
- A better CPU
- More Ram
- Hard Drive
- Better securety "Less pirates and hackers"
- Online Banning that actually works.
- More buttons on Wii-mote.
- Motion + build in Wiimote and Nunchuck.
- Achievements.
- Classic controllers are wireless and standalone.
- Classic controllers come with Wii. "100% classic controller attachment rate would give developers the choice to pick Wii-mote or classic controller."
- Ethernet port.
- LAN
- Video and MP3 streaming from your network.
- Headset
- The ability to see what your friends are playing.
- 100% Backwards compatibility and downloadable GameCube games.
- Demo's
- Bigger friend list.
- Multiple friend list.
- The ability to patch games.
- Transfer Wiiware and Virtual console games from your Wii.

Kkolko said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
This I would support, we don't really need better graphics but faster loading games would be interesting
smile.gif
Better graphics are needed for split-screen and a smooth frame rate.

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
SuneC said:
Kkolko said:
rolleyes.gif

I love the way you talk about stuff that you know absolutely nothing about. Has anyone confirmed anything? No, but it's not just rumours some nerd made up and spread around the internet. http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=37744
As you can read, the info allegedly came from a marketing employee from Nintendo in France.

And no, Wii is not still selling like hot sandwiches. During the last year the sales have dropped more than 50%. It's obvious to see for everyone with a little sense of economics, even Nintendo, that the market has been filled, and the sales of the console itself will only drop from here, and drop fast. That is why Ninty is making price reductions and making the black edition. To milk the last drops out of the market. Now of course I don't mean the Wii is dead in six months, there will still be millions of Wii owners out there buying games and accessories. But new console sales will keep dropping and be reduced to a minimum.

Now, do I actually believe Nintendo has a new Wii 2 coming in the beginning of 2010? No, definitely not. With the Wii they have struck a blue ocean market, and captured a whole new segment of the console users. If they kick up the specs on a new console right now, they will be competing directly with the already established PS3 and 360, and even with the Wiimote and their unique controlling, they will not do well on this market. Especially at the moment with the economic recession all over the world.

That being said, god I hope I'm wrong
smile.gif

just about the link to maxconsole, it says that the wii will have a blu-ray disc drive. If so, how will it read current wii discs? (sorry, i dont know the technical differences between DVDs Blu-ray besides storage space.)

I'm hoping that they would add more besides 1080p and Blu-ray..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk