How can i wii Disk channel patchen

fireboys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii has 4.3 firmware. i have installed hbc and dvd patch. Original Disk channel plays some copy DVD games, some don't. Which iOS do I need to patch? what else do i have to do. Do I need ios installer rev.21 or something else. Neogamma rev8 plays all burned DVD games . I want to patch Disk channel all DVD play.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You will wear out your Wii’s disk drive laser faster if you use it in this fashion. It is recommended to use usb-loaders instead, these also offer faster loading times, you won’t need to burn disks or get up to change games, etc.

Whether you decide to use a usbloader or play backup disks, you should start by either using modmii (stickied here at the ‘temp https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...i-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126/) or the wii.guide website. This will have you install d2x v10 beta 52 with base 57 to slot 249 (so no, you do not need cios rev 21, this is outdated).

Afterwards, if you insist on playing backups from the disk channel there are two ways to do this. The first is less-invasive, which is to enable the Priiloader “Force Disc Games to run under IOS249” system menu hack. This is described by both ModMii and wii.guide.

The second way to enable backup discs from the disk channel is not recommended, as it basically patches everything on the console and can interfere with other functions and apps making them not work properly. I do not recommend this at all, but the tool you would search for should you decide to go down this road is called “DarkCorp” (formerly known as cIOS corp).

Also note that there’s nothing stopping you from being setting up the console to be able to both play backup disks and use a usbloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr