Emulation How can i use Zelda BOtW mods?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello!

So first of all im new to this modding WiiU scene.

I wanted to try some mods that are out for botw. I saw some tutorials on youtube and i saw this linkle on game bannana website or something, so i downloaded it.
And the video told i need BCML on my PC in order to install mods for the game. So i did that and set everything up (i hope corectly) installed Linkle mod but i dont see anything in CEMU. I also looked in graphic packs but nothing "Linkle" there.

So how do i do this right (and other mods in future)?

Thanks in advance!

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello! Im back.

I did everything that you said. No mod after i remerge. Idk what am i doing wrong.

I just noticed when i click "explore" in BCML it shows this location "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\bcml\mods\0100_LinkleMod" but my emulator is on a different HDD

Last edited by MetoMeto,

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The mods should be in the cemu folder itself.
They weren't, that was the problem.
I managed to fix it.
It turned out it was YouTube tutorials fault and my own...didn't know what am i doing and i checked "Use BCML without a Cemu instalation" thinking if it's unchecked it will install cemu.
So now it works!

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to fix it.
It turned out it was YouTube tutorials fault and my own...didn't know what am i doing and i checked "Use BCML without a Cemu instalation" thinking if it's unchecked it will install cemu.
So now it works!
Glad it all worked out in the end, next time you should avoid youtube guides tbh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I managed to fix it.
So now it works!
You'd like this mod https://gamebanana.com/skins/180889

Reactions: MetoMeto

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Glad it all worked out in the end, next time you should avoid youtube guides tbh

You'd like this mod https://gamebanana.com/skins/180889

On contrary, youtube guides are great supplement cause they show you how to do stuff instead of reading about it.
I wouldn't recommend avoiding, just take it with a grain of salt.

OH that mod! i JUST found it minutes before i saw your reply haha :lol:
Thanks anyway for sharing, i love it anyway....
Its just that now my cemu crashes after installing it though, dont know why :/
im not sure what file to use "BNP" or "WiiU"

So frustrated i cant play it :(

Last edited by MetoMeto,
Reactions: Kopimist

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On contrary, youtube guides are great supplement cause they show you how to do stuff instead of reading about it.
I wouldn't recommend avoiding, just take it with a grain of salt.

OH that mod! i JUST found it minutes before i saw your reply haha :lol:
Thanks anyway for sharing, i love it anyway....
Its just that now my cemu crashes after installing it though, dont know why :/
im not sure what file to use "BNP" or "WiiU"

So frustrated i cant play it :(
Uninstall it in BCML, make sure you click the BNP version, click the 1-Click Install and then make sure to remerge at the end,
upload_2020-10-6_15-25-28.png
upload_2020-10-6_15-26-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-6_15-26-42.png
    upload_2020-10-6_15-26-42.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 215

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Uninstall it in BCML, make sure you click the BNP version, click the 1-Click Install and then make sure to remerge at the end, View attachment 227301View attachment 227303
I heard somewhere that hierarchy in BCML is important.
Do you happen to know does that work for mods and does it really matter to properly show mods?

Also when i started a "new game" instead of continuing old save, there was no crash in Cemu.
Does that happen for you also?

Also it's saying i need a wild set in order to use Zero suit....is there some easier way to get it?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you happen to know does that work for mods and does it really matter to properly show mods?

Also when i started a "new game" instead of continuing old save, there was no crash in Cemu.
Does that happen for you also?

Also it's saying i need a wild set in order to use Zero suit....is there some easier way to get it?
I was able to load my Link save as Linkle just fine, but you should try to put the samus outfit above the Linkle mod, because you'd obviously need it to load after. If you haven't gotten that far you should use the new save yeah. As for the wild set, you could try using a save editor https://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/

Reactions: emcintosh

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I was able to load my Link save as Linkle just fine, but you should try to put the samus outfit above the Linkle mod, because you'd obviously need it to load after. If you haven't gotten that far you should use the new save yeah. As for the wild set, you could try using a save editor https://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/
Well its logical to you..i dont even know how these stuff work...
So items at the bottom load up first, and the order does matter?
How can i know if i have many mods what mod comes where and in what order? Seems confusing...any logic there i can follow?

Thanks ill check it out! But are there any offline editors?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well its logical to you..i dont even know how these stuff work...
So items at the bottom load up first, and the order does matter?
How can i know if i have many mods what mod comes where and in what order? Seems confusing...any logic there i can follow?

Thanks ill check it out! But are there any offline editors?
There should be online editors, but I don't know much about that. You should aim to put the base of mods at the beginning, Linkle Mod at the bottom and extra outfits afterwards, because if Linkle mod loaded after the outfits your outfit wouldn't display

There should be online editors, but I don't know much about that. You should aim to put the base of mods at the beginning, Linkle Mod at the bottom and extra outfits afterwards, because if Linkle mod loaded after the outfits your outfit wouldn't display
Like a pizza, you put the toppings on top of the pizza

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
There should be online editors, but I don't know much about that.
I meant OFF-line, not ON-line. The one you shared with me is online one...i mean ill use it, but i was wondering if you know any good one or if you use one...

You should aim to put the base of mods at the beginning, Linkle Mod at the bottom and extra outfits afterwards,
because if Linkle mod loaded after the outfits your outfit wouldn't display.

Like a pizza, you put the toppings on top of the pizza

Oh i see now thanks!
LoL ill be hungry now whenever i play Zelda. :P

Ok so that with outfits is easy, but what if i have many different mods, say unbreakable weapons, graphics enhancers etc...whats the rule of the thumb here...do graphic packs go at the bottom first, than character mods and than skins?

By the way, Pizza explanation is great!
And what if i have Linkle mod and Zelda character mod, do i put zelda and linkle at the bottom and on top of THEM i put skins/clothes? And do i need to turn off Zelda mod when i use linkle mod and vice versa or if Linkle mod is on top of zelda, Zelda mod wont load?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I meant OFF-line, not ON-line. The one you shared with me is online one...i mean ill use it, but i was wondering if you know any good one or if you use one...

Oh i see now thanks!
LoL ill be hungry now whenever i play Zelda. :P

Ok so that with outfits is easy, but what if i have many different mods, say unbreakable weapons, graphics enhancers etc...whats the rule of the thumb here...do graphic packs go at the bottom first, than character mods and than skins?

By the way, Pizza explanation is great!
And what if i have Linkle mod and Zelda character mod, do i put zelda and linkle at the bottom and on top of THEM i put skins/clothes? And do i need to turn off Zelda mod when i use linkle mod and vice versa or if Linkle mod is on top of zelda, Zelda mod wont load?
Zelda and Linkle mod aren't compatible so yeah you have to turn off one or the other.

Enhancers and things like that are fine as they don't usually replace what the Linkle mod does. That save editor is the only one I used so I don't know any others sorry

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Zelda and Linkle mod aren't compatible so yeah you have to turn off one or the other.

Enhancers and things like that are fine as they don't usually replace what the Linkle mod does. That save editor is the only one I used so I don't know any others sorry
Nah its OK i was just wondering. Great tool i love save modifiers!
I see, so i need to turn it off, no way to do it in game on the fly i see... Thanks for everything!

Last edited by MetoMeto,

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

There's a section in BCML's documentation (which I re-found today at https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofzeldabreathofthewild/mods/9?tab=docs, having seen it before probably when I downloaded BCML?):

*Load Order Tips*
* In general, complex mods should take priority over simple ones. For example, as I am writing this, Crafting Project is probably the most complex mod in use. It should therefore take very high priority.
* In general, if one mod changes the appearance of an actor and the other changes its behavior or other parameters, the skin should take priority.
* Any time a mod doesn't appear to work, you can try changing its place in your load order to fix it.​

But priority in this case means loading it later in BCML (shown closer to the top of the list by default), so it can override earlier mods, just as @LolcatPlays said.

So in your case I would expect to load:
  • simple item properties e.g. weapon durability first
  • complex Linkle OR Zelda mod
  • skins you want to replace e.g. Zero Suit Samus over Wild set last

Not sure about graphics enhancements - if you mean things like different shaders or frame rate mods, I have no experience of that as they need CemU and I'm using an actual Wii U. Hopefully the mods' pages on GameBanana will have advice about where in the list they should go.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know i can mod my WiiU zelda...? i thought only cemu games can be moded...

CemU makes it easy, as you can just replace the files on your computer rather than transferring / editing files on the console. And BCML required you to have CemU installed in order to have the files where the program expected them but you didn't need to play the game with it. As of v3 of BCML, you may not even need CemU…

For mods on a real console, you have three choices:
  • Install the game to the main menu (i.e. on internal memory or USB) using WUP Installer and edit the game files with FTPiiU Everywhere. This is what I do. You can also use it to back up your saves.
  • Loadiine keeps the files on your SD card, in the same decrypted format you use in CemU, but you need to load games through it (Loadiine installs over Mii Maker, so you end up with really odd looking play statistics like this
    Di9smHVXcAEeSWr
    ).
  • SDCafiine can load mods without changing the base game files (so can work even for a physical disc), but will get deleted from memory every Blood Moon, so your mods will deactivate.

BCML isn't technically required, but it will help you resolve conflicts with mods that edit the same files and I would HIGHLY recommend using it - when I first added mods manually I managed to get Linkle working but the OP Giant Horse mod crashed the game whenever I took it from a stable. Since running the mods through BCML, everything has worked fine. Once you have merged the mods, https://gamebanana.com/tuts/12862 describes where to put each file.

Last edited by emcintosh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1