Emulation How can i use Zelda BOtW mods?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
CemU makes it easy, as you can just replace the files on your computer rather than transferring / editing files on the console. And BCML required you to have CemU installed in order to have the files where the program expected them but you didn't need to play the game with it. As of v3 of BCML, you may not even need CemU…

For mods on a real console, you have three choices:
  • Install the game to the main menu (i.e. on internal memory or USB) using WUP Installer and edit the game files with FTPiiU Everywhere. This is what I do. You can also use it to back up your saves.
  • Loadiine keeps the files on your SD card, in the same decrypted format you use in CemU, but you need to load games through it (Loadiine installs over Mii Maker, so you end up with really odd looking play statistics like this
    Di9smHVXcAEeSWr
    https://twitter.com/MaschellDev/status/1022155053187178496).
  • SDCafiine can load mods without changing the base game files (so can work even for a physical disc), but will get deleted from memory every Blood Moon, so your mods will deactivate.

BCML isn't technically required, but it will help you resolve conflicts with mods that edit the same files and I would HIGHLY recommend using it - when I first added mods manually I managed to get Linkle working but the OP Giant Horse mod crashed the game whenever I took it from a stable. Since running the mods through BCML, everything has worked fine. Once you have merged the mods, https://gamebanana.com/tuts/12862 describes where to put each file.
Thank you for the links.
Well i have in digitally installed on WiiU on my external HDD.

Tbh i only want "Linkle" mod on WiiU,
"Devine beast Laser beam customizer" to remove it from sky (its annoying),
"Amiibo Mode" (35% plastic),
Cheats like infinite everything.....
and Enhancement "Clarity" graphic pack with "jamie's Preset" (i really like that one).

What do you think, will any of those work on Real WiiU with all of her clothes?

And as for loading methid...every blood moon wtf? Cant i dissable blood moon with cheats also?

This is really stupid: "If you use coldboot Haxchi the risk for brick is greater as modifying your DS Title that Haxchi is installed to will result in a brick. You have been warned."

I mean there is no way you can brick a WiiU if you never touch system nand on purpose.

Without reading everyting....do you only mess with zelda game on HDD not with system files while installing this mod?

I have CBHC installed by the way.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh i only want "Linkle" mod on WiiU,
"Devine beast Laser beam customizer" to remove it from sky (its annoying),
"Amiibo Mode" (35% plastic),
Cheats like infinite everything.....
and Enhancement "Clarity" graphic pack with "jamie's Preset" (i really like that one).

What do you think, will any of those work on Real WiiU with all of her clothes?

And as for loading methid...every blood moon wtf? Cant i dissable blood moon with cheats also?

This is really stupid: "If you use coldboot Haxchi the risk for brick is greater as modifying your DS Title that Haxchi is installed to will result in a brick. You have been warned."

I mean there is no way you can brick a WiiU if you never touch system nand on purpose.

Without reading everyting....do you only mess with zelda game on HDD not with system files while installing this mod?

I have CBHC installed by the way.

Mod compatibility: Linkle mod works, as should other mods that edit game files, so hopefully the Divine Beast beams. Changing the shader (e.g. the Clarity one you mention) probably won’t work on a real Wii U, as that’s changing how CemU renders the game.

Back up anything you’re changing, and your save files, then try everything. If it breaks the game, revert or reinstall. My Hero’s Path on the map got lost, but I was able to restore my save when I messed up the manual mod installation.

Installation: The mods will not get deactivated if you install them with FTPiiU Everywhere (which replaces game files), only with SDCafiine (which loads replacement files from SD without touching the originals, but is a separate process that runs alongside the game, until the system’s memory gets cleared at Blood Moons [respawns enemies, fixes anything that was acting strangely in the overworld]).

Dangers: The warnings about FTPiiU Everywhere are because it gives you write access to the internal drive that contains the system software. If you only edit the game’s files, the worst that should happen is the game breaks and needs to be reinstalled.

CBHC is fairly safe, as you know it’s installed and that you shouldn’t delete the DO NOT TOUCH icon or move it from system storage to USB or remove the account that bought it.

Last edited by emcintosh,

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Well i actually meant form cafiine since that wont mess up game files, but if i can somehow make blood moon not to appear via cheating than it wont be cleared since there wont be a blood moon...but im guessing you cant make that happen...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.