Homebrew How can I use homebrew now?

Korados

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everybody,

First of all, I'm a beginner. And I need help, please. I updated my N3DS to 11.8 because I thought that the hax payload was already updated. But it isn't.
3dbrew.org says that it's no longer needed with Luma, and so I checked out what it is. But I actually don't want custom firmware on
my 3DS! Is this the only way now? Does somebody know if the hax payload gets an update in the near future? I really have no idea.

I just want to do save editing. I used oothax to get to the homebrew launcher and used JKSM or svdt for the saves. I
updated the oothax to 11.8 but without the payload I can't do anything.

Thank you very much for your help!

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly it's better to get CFW (much better), use Seedminer, it's only a few dollars to get up and running. But if you really don't care about the bonuses of CFW go ahead and setup Steelminer although I highly discourage it. But if you don't have any money for a DSiWare game then Steelminer is your only option.

Here are the links to their respective guides:
https://jisagi.github.io/SeedminerGuide/
http://steelminer.jisagi.net/

Remember never follow video guides. They tend to get outdated fast

Last edited by cainan__c, , Reason: accidentally posted it added what i wanted to add
Reactions: Itzumi and Joel16

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't want custom firmware on
my 3DS!
Why exactly don't you want CFW? If you're scared that it will brick your 3DS, it actually has built in brick protection just in case you mess something up. If you're scared of getting banned, just don't cheat in online multiplayer or pirate games. Besides, it's only $2 and will never get broken by a firmware update.

Korados

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I read through the guide and it says I need a good graphics card. What actually is considered a good graphics card? I have the NVidia Geforce GTX 765M.

Korados

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought Sudoku now and followed the guide but there is no "Nintendo DSiWare" folder in the folder with the ID0. There's just an "extdata" folder.

And another question: What is the meaning of brute-force?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought Sudoku now and followed the guide but there is no "Nintendo DSiWare" folder in the folder with the ID0. There's just an "extdata" folder.

And another question: What is the meaning of brute-force?
Are there more than one ID0 folders?

Korados

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found the problem. I forgot to copy the game to the SD card, sorry. But now again, is my graphics card good enough?

OneWingedSoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lack of assistance here is ridiculous. You use powersaves, right? I'm not familiar with any other oothax outlets. The most recent payload for this can be found on a gbatemp forum. Type in 11.7 oothax and you should find some guy requesting a payload, I can't give you a hyperlink because this account was born 5 minutes ago. In any case, if it doesn't/does work, let me know, because I'm on 11.7 using this payload and I'm afraid to update. Last time I updated, I listened to gallade guy who put OOThax on his "still works list" and had to find THAT payload.

Last edited by OneWingedSoldier,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The lack of assistance here is ridiculous. You use powersaves, right? I'm not familiar with any other oothax outlets. The most recent payload for this can be found on a gbatemp forum. Type in 11.7 oothax and you should find some guy requesting a payload, I can't give you a hyperlink because this account was born 5 minutes ago. In any case, if it doesn't/does work, let me know, because I'm on 11.7 using this payload and I'm afraid to update. Last time I updated, I listened to gallade guy who put OOThax on his "still works list" and had to find THAT payload.
The very first reply to the OP was the best one.

Steelminer gets you homebrew on 11.8, for free, without needing extra hardware.

The stuff about needing a good graphics card mentioned in the guide is really misleading (it's not true at all). I'll see if I can get that changed personally.
99% of the guide is spot on though.

OneWingedSoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lack of assistance here is ridiculous. You use powersaves, right? I'm not familiar with any other oothax outlets. The most recent payload for this can be found on a gbatemp forum. Type in 11.7 oothax and you should find some guy requesting a payload, I can't give you a hyperlink because this account was born 5 minutes ago. In any case, if doesn't/does work, let me know, because I'm on 11.7 using this payload and I'm afraid to update. Last time I updated, I listened to gallade guy who put OOThax on his "still works list" and had to find THAT payload.
The very first reply to the OP was the best one.

Steelminer gets you homebrew on 11.8, for free, without needing extra hardware.

The stuff about needing a good graphics card mentioned in the guide is really misleading (it's not true at all). I'll see if I can get that changed personally.
99% of the guide is spot on though.
Except it's completely irrelevant to what he's asking, which is a hacked save data file for Ocarina Of Time. I also don't know what extra hardware you're blabbering about, if he's using the powersaves method, chances are he already has the needed hardware.

Limp-Bones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo.. I'm still a greenhorn in this hacking scene and I installed CFW on both my 3DS using the flashcart (ntrboot?) method. So, my question is should I/Is it safe to update to the newest firmware?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Simply because steelminer is easier and doesn't require extra hardware or another modded console
Soo.. I'm still a greenhorn in this hacking scene and I installed CFW on both my 3DS using the flashcart (ntrboot?) method. So, my question is should I/Is it safe to update to the newest firmware?
As long as you have Luma 9.1 you're fine. Even if you don't, only thing will happen is the 3DS won't boot until you update it (it's not a brick)

OneWingedSoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply because steelminer is easier and doesn't require extra hardware or another modded console

As long as you have Luma 9.1 you're fine. Even if you don't, only thing will happen is the 3DS won't boot until you update it (it's not a brick)

Gee, what's easier...inserting a payload which he already has the knowledge and hardware for or an extra number of steps to install something completely different, complete with required discord assistance?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
myse

Gee, what's easier...inserting a payload which he already has the hardware for or an extra number of steps to install something completely different, complete with required discord assistance?
Well true, but we might as well list other possibilities.
Also... What does msye mean?

OneWingedSoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee, what's easier...inserting a payload which he already has the hardware for or an extra number of steps to install something completely different, complete with required discord assistance?
Well true, but we might as well list other possibilities.
Also... What does msye mean?

It's an error obviously. I edited it out. Other possibilities are fine as long as the original question was answered. I looked up this forum only to find instructions for something completely different. All I want to know is if 11.7 payload for OOT works on 11.8. I might just have to create a thread and ask myself, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM